Death/Black Metal-core?

Polska_77

Hello!

All the metalheads are gonna hate me, but they probably never liked me any way so whatahell.

I was messing around with the Addictive drums demo, and what better way to test a drum machine than a metal song?

All comments on mix, song arrangement, much appreciated.
If someone cares to take a shredding solo at 1:59 - 2:09 feel free :)

Cheers!

NOTE: this is my first shot at this genre, and the only metal I ever listened to i Slayer, and Metallica. :o

Sounds pretty good Polska. Bass needs more punch, but the guitars sound pretty good. Good arrangement and playing. Those vocals are terrible though. Lol. The opening riff has a definite early Metallica vibe to it. Good job overall. Fun song. :)

Greg_L said:
Sounds pretty good Polska. Bass needs more punch, but the guitars sound pretty good. Good arrangement and playing. Those vocals are terrible though. Lol. The opening riff has a definite early Metallica vibe to it. Good job overall. Fun song. :)

Thanks Greg! I had trouble getting the bass to sound better without interfering with the kick drum. And this is kinda a mock-metal song so don't take the vocals too seriously :)

Cheers!

I like it...nice sounds man. Fun tune. I think the drums turned out well. Cool solo, Finster....that turned out killer also. :cool:

OK. Bass drum sounds good, wheres the snare? Cant hear it? Vocals, yeah, awful as has been said. The music itself, fairly bland as far as im concerned, i do like this kind of music done well. Vocals are annoying me now, get some half decent screaming over there? Solo was ok but the end of it was pretty poor. Mix sounds ok in general though my main problem is with the boring song!

chamelious said:
OK. Bass drum sounds good, wheres the snare? Cant hear it? Vocals, yeah, awful as has been said. The music itself, fairly bland as far as im concerned, i do like this kind of music done well. Vocals are annoying me now, get some half decent screaming over there? Solo was ok but the end of it was pretty poor. Mix sounds ok in general though my main problem is with the boring song!
In Polskas defense, this isn't his style. He's a punk-rocker skinhead Oi type. I think he did pretty good all things considered.

Greg_L said:
In Polskas defense, this isn't his style. He's a punk-rocker skinhead Oi type. I think he did pretty good all things considered.

Well fair enough i was just crit-ing from a general point of view.

Back