Death before dishonor...remix

Nice song and good story as well. About the only thing I noticed is in the intro with the guitar & drums, I really miss the bass part, a high register bass part would fit in well during that part of the song and work the notes down the neck would sound very cool I think. Hope that make sense:confused:

I loved this the first time. I don't know if you changed alot on the vocals, but I really notice the incredible depth in your voice now.. Again, I love the breaks in this, the organ sweeps sound awesome. Great lyrics and singing, Jay.

Whatever you do with the fine points of the mix, that's one rich sounding voice. The ac gtr might benefit from low end rolloff or a MB comp to control the lows.

Drums sound better...snare still seems a bit loud at times, but not all the time. I don't know if a bit of compression would help, or not. Vocals really make up the bulk of this tune, so whatever you do, don't mess that part up...especially upon my advice...:D

The rest of the music seems pretty evenly mixed, and doesn't seem to step on the vocals. I'm not sure about the snare...might be a smidge loud compared to the rest of the drums. Just a small nit...:)

Hey Jay!!!

Great vocals on this!!!.....you sound just like a country boy from Kentucky!!!:D

Nice story song. You should be making country hits.;)

The lead sings a song of it's own. May I ask what you run your guit through for that tone...? Open miced?....tube amp?..distortion pedal?

Good one Jay.

Hey Jay!!!

Great vocals on this!!!.....you sound just like a country boy from Kentucky!!!:D

Nice story song. You should be making country hits.;)

The lead sings a song of it's own. May I ask what you run your guit through for that tone...? Open miced?....tube amp?..distortion pedal?

Good one Jay.
Thanks for the comments True....the lead is run direct from an old DOD FX7....no bells or whistles anywhere:D

Soundclick is playing up at present I'll do a Gen. Douglas Macarthur then shall I?

Sounds pretty good. Great vocals.

That intro lead comes in kinda loud to me. I think it could be more subtle. Snare still seems to be just a touch loud. I know you have a story to tell, but the vox seem a little too up front. It's like they're on top of the mix instead of sitting in it. These are just my opinions though. It certainly sounds pretty good as-is. :)

I really like the clarity in your voice. I wish I had that :mad:

Can I ask what mic and pre you use - not that I'm going to go out and buy them, but I'm interested in knowing what can help to produce that sound - apart from having a good voice of course :)

I really like the clarity in your voice. I wish I had that :mad:

Can I ask what mic and pre you use - not that I'm going to go out and buy them, but I'm interested in knowing what can help to produce that sound - apart from having a good voice of course :)
I'm using am MXL 909 mic and the preamps on my STA ADC/DAC2000 recording interface....hope this helps.

Nice song and good story as well. About the only thing I noticed is in the intro with the guitar & drums, I really miss the bass part, a high register bass part would fit in well during that part of the song and work the notes down the neck would sound very cool I think. Hope that make sense:confused:
Yeah...it makes a lot of sense......I wish I had thought of it at the time:rolleyes:

I loved this the first time. I don't know if you changed alot on the vocals, but I really notice the incredible depth in your voice now.. Again, I love the breaks in this, the organ sweeps sound awesome. Great lyrics and singing, Jay.
Thanks for the comments man....as always I appreciate what you've got to say......I did change the eq on the vocals to try and get the allergy, stuffy sound out of my voice:eek:

Drums sound better...snare still seems a bit loud at times, but not all the time. I don't know if a bit of compression would help, or not. Vocals really make up the bulk of this tune, so whatever you do, don't mess that part up...especially upon my advice...:D Thanks for the listen(again) not much I can do with a drum machine....maybe someday I'll learn to play drums;)

The rest of the music seems pretty evenly mixed, and doesn't seem to step on the vocals. I'm not sure about the snare...might be a smidge loud compared to the rest of the drums. Just a small nit...:)
Thanks for the comments:D.....btw....i just figured out this multiple quote thing....pretty cool:D

Back