de-ssing

Calwood

Hey everyone.

This is the first tune I've tried to de-ss the vocals in. If anyone recognizes my name from other posts you'll know that I've been in search of a singer,...basically to practice recording vocals.

Well,..havent found one yet so I'm doing it myself. So,..be forewarned!!! I'm singing in this tune. Yes,..it is terrible.

I'd appreciate any input on the de-ssing aspect of the track. And I guess whatever else you want to throw in.

Thanks in advance. I'll get this de-ssing thing figured out,...sometime,...then,..on to the next problem!!!

Download the song,..."Can You Ever die" 2004.

Dont download the 89 version though. That's something that me and a buddy did back in the day and I just put it up there so he could here both versions.

Thanks,....

Take 'er easy,...

Calwood

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/davejammusic.htm

I can't help you w/ de-ssing but I will say. I liked your song. Your vocals were not loud enough to tell the extent of the prob. Your vocals are NOT that bad. Really I thought it was good. Kind of Boston-ish. Anyways, maybe if you do it more you will get over your poor self-vocal-image.

I was told as a yough child that I could not sing. Much as I have tried to over the years I still suck. Now you there is hope for.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=254756&T=5821

Calwood

That's really a great tune.

I know a guy who might take it on. He is in N.E. Texas.

I have to get his email address again. We go back several years. I understand he is getting quite a bit of attention in Europe with his ventures.

He goes by "Eric Storm".
You might look him up on the net.

Here is his site

http://www.mbus.com/bands/genadm/Eric.Storm.htm

If you think he might be down your alley for vocals PM me and let me know.

D

ninestein,...

Hey,...thanks for the kind words. Other people that i've played this for are kinda diggin' the vocs also. I dont get it. "Poor self-vocal-image",...is that what i got? ha ha yeah,..that about says it alright! Although,..it seems we both have that affliction,..heh heh.
Glad ya like the tune,..Thanks for the response.

Dyson,...

Glad ya like it. I read up on "Eric storm" from the links you provided. From the way the articles read,..he is wayyyyyyyy out of my league. Not to mention the geography.
Thanks though. I appreciate ya takin' the time to try and help me out.

Take 'er easy,....

Calwood

yeah vocals sound pretty good. But let me tell you, the snare drum is just pickin away at me. You should throw a sound ring on there. Its dark enough and "snarey" enough, unless you are going for that slightly twank snare sound.

packrat,..

No,..I'm not really happy with that snare sound I'm getting. I agree it needs to be tamed a bit. I took your suggestion and went and got a sound ring. I'll give it a try on the next tune.

Actually,..I had no idea what a sound ring was. Thanks for the suggestion,..I think this will help me with the snare.

Well,..I guess no-one else is hearing any "s" problems with the track. Guess i'll call this one a success! Still need more practice with it though. I'm still not really happy with it yet.

Take 'er easy,..
Calwood

Back