Day Tripper

Cool. Very nice.

I really like the rhythm guit--the way it's played and the way it's mixed in. It's really doing the 'percussion' job well, despite the fact that it's a guitar!!!

Wouldn't mind hearing any and all Beatle songs done TL style. There's only 200+ of them or so. You could do them alphabetically!!! (You've got at least two done so far)

Take care,

Steve

I like the sound & ambience you got on the guitar that did the little "lead riff".

.........................;)

Tim - you had me humming this all day at work! I could hear snippets of the various parts you played in my head... Inspirational - thanks man!

Dogman and Ido - thanks for the second listen and feedback - glad the balance is improving

Gorty, cmhansen - yeah, it's a pretty dark guitar, not the one I usually record with but I decided to take the tone as it was without EQing the high end as I dislike the sound of EQ generally :D . Next time I'll use the better balanced guitar. Gorty, I didn't use a click on it, but when I was tracking the rhythm gtr I wished I had. :D Thanks for the listen.

bigbubba - appreciate the comments about the clarity. You should have heard the alternate takes - not clear at all, heh-heh.

CarcPazu, Incanus - thanks guys… re the impulsive thing in the rhythm, I was trying to convey the some of the feel of the "early Beatles pulsing rhythm gtr style" that some of their earlier stuff (earlier than Day Tripper, really) had... so I'm glad it came across.

Nakatira, Synkrotron, apl, Reel Person - thanks for the listens and kind words.

Tim

Last edited:
Back