A day to remember, cover (Pop-Punk)

Axemeister

I'm currently working on an A Day To Remember cover and i'd really appreciate some feedback on how it's sounding so far.

I've been casually mixing for just under a year now and i'm looking to really start improving. This was done using a Line 6 Helix and Getgood Drums and mixed on headphones.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment A Day To Remember Cover.mp3

Sounds professional for sure! I would just brighten up the guitars with a high shelf and maybe remove a bit of muddiness in the drums/bass in the low mids. Other than that just about perfect mix!

Sounds professional for sure! I would just brighten up the guitars with a high shelf and maybe remove a bit of muddiness in the drums/bass in the low mids. Other than that just about perfect mix!

Thanks for the feedback! I've added a bit more air to the guitars and the overall mix, still trying to figure out whats actually making the low end muddy, might have to rerecord the bass with a brighter tone.

View attachment A Day To Remember Cover.mp3

Last edited:
I think the balance of your mix is really good...The tone of the guitar is perhaps a touch too processed sounding for my ears but you've done a great job.

Mark

Sounds amazing...Great work! I find the drums (especially the snare) to be slightly thick for my taste but that's really just personal preference though...Maybe it works well with this track.

Back