david wolfenberger mp3 site

tony moore

hey folks, i just ripped mp3's of my most recent completed project. go to the page below and click on the song titles. i think there are two i haven't uploaded yet, but most are there. please give me any comments/criticisms on the mp3 files. too big? etc? this project was done in an adat based studio, mixed down to 2" analog tape, and then mastered in nashville. my role was somewhat of an 'executive producer' helping with arrangements, mixing, and recording. oh, i played bass too :-) anyway, here it is:
http://bluejordan.com/david/recordings.htm

oh, i authored david's website too. which is far from being finished with typo's, broken links and such. feel free to comment on the site via pmail as well too.

thanks!

tony

Just checked out the files you had at the site. Most of them had annoying clicks and pops throughout the song. These very slight sounds become very noticeable against this type of music. Was this an artifact of the .mp3 conversion? Overall they had a sound that seemed very "clean" but
somewhat sterile compared to similar types of professionally mastered material. There was a sort of overall taint to the sounds from the mids up that was painful to monitor. Maybe it's just because I'm using a pair of Event 20/20s with a consumer receiver, but when I A/B the mix against my Paul Simon CD (1971-1986) "Negociations and Lovesongs" on the same monitoring system, your mix is harder to listen to. This effect goes away when I listen to the tunes from the next room
which tends to soften the higher frequencies quite a bit. That one very short tune (Avebury Circle) was set to be 3dB quieter than the rest of the tunes which were all right at the max. Personal choice?

hey dr, thanks for the feedback! hmm, that's not what i'm hearing at all. i'll try to download the tracks from the website and listen to them. i used the free ripper at musicmatch. good? bad? again, thanks!

tony

Back