Danzig's "Tired of Being Alive"

drucifer

Hello everyone! First post in this forum (if I recall correctly). Anyway, here's one I recently "completed" (yeah, like I won't be tweaking it any more...)

As the title suggest it is "Tired of Being Alive" from Danzig II. I played & sang it all, but the drums are DFH 2. Check it out, and lemme have it!

drucifer said:
Hello everyone! First post in this forum (if I recall correctly). Anyway, here's one I recently "completed" (yeah, like I won't be tweaking it any more...)

As the title suggest it is "Tired of Being Alive" from Danzig II. I played & sang it all, but the drums are DFH 2. Check it out, and lemme have it!

Very cool tune - not familiar with the band but definitely liking it......

You did some nice work on the drums.

The guitar tones are nice and chunky.....

Heavy duty vocals - especially the backups (nice vibrato).

Lead tone/notes at the begining were ok, but not as tasty as in the middle.
(That's my only nit and I was reaching for that one)

Vocals sit really nice - rest of mix is good.

Would really like to know your vocal chain.....if you don't mind sharing....

Overall great tune......

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

Thanks for checking it out!

Main vocals & background during the verses was: Behringer B1 -> Edirol FA-101 -> computer. I used the Classic Compressor from Kjaerhus Audio (http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-compressor.php) and followed the tips on that page. Background vocals during the chorus used an SM-58 into the Edirol.

EDIT:

I should also add that this was my first attempt at incorporating multiband compression in the "mastering" process. It's in quotes because I ain't exactly a seasoned pro...lol

Last edited:
I dug it man!
Nice vocal work. And the guitars sound nice and sludgy like they are supposed to.

I don't know if you can tell by my avatar, but I dig stuff like danzig, Corrosion of Conformity, Down, etc - stuff with that kind of doomy, 'sabbathy' southern metal vibe. Look forward to hearing more.

I know Danzig but not familiar with this song since I haven't listened to them much. But I know the guys voice and you are sounding pretty darn dead on man, great job. Good tune and nice recording ~

Thanks for listening, guys! The guitar is an LP Studio with EMG pickups straight into a Marshall 2203. The speaker cabinet is a 1960A in which I've replaced 2 of the Celestion G12T-75's with Vintage 30's. Left side rhythm guitar is an SM57 and an MD 421 each on its own G12T-75. Right side is the same mics on Vintage 30's. Intro is both V 30's and solo is SM57 on G12T-75 and MD 421 on V 30.

Back