Damn, I stole a riff without knowing it...

Pedullist

Stop it, I can't breathe
To be specific: Almost Honest by Megadeth. Almost. It's almost Almost Honest LOL :D

I only noticed it when I started mixing.

What a waste of time. This will be the last time I try rocking a little harder. Damn! :)

Well, at least I've learned a lot from it.

Pretty hard stuff to record and mix. I finally understand how hard your life usually is, metalheads of the board! All that midrange is hard to get rid off, man!

I almost deleted the song, but I thought: perhaps you guys like to hear something heavier from me.

Song: Klootzak (=asshole/bastard, whatever, contains very strong language)

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2639&alid=799

hey Peds, it sounds like to me, that you figured out how to record metal. sounds pretty good to these old bluegrass ears. But was someone throwing up near the end? LOL.

Dan

pedullist

im not famillar with the megadeth song you say you ripped off (never really cared for them) so its all new to me. Sounds good for your first attempt at metal. I like the riff during the (chorus?). The song overall sort of reminds me of Rammstein, it sort of has the driving pulse behind it that they always do. Then again it may just be the vocals that aren't in english that are making me think of them lol. Anyhow sounds pretty good from what i can tell on my crappy computer speakers.

I'm not a Megadeath guy. So you could have fooled me to.

Sounded great. I liked the guitar sound. Pod? Nice playing on that little run that it does. Vocals could come up. Maybe the bass too. No pops - always a plus.

Did you do this all today? You're a pretty productive guy.

As far as the pic - you've never looked better. That one needs to go on the CD sleeve.

Sounded good over here. I think the vocals could come up. I could not understand the words. LOL. Seriously, they could come up or a little or maybe cut the FX on the main vox a little. They sounded a little like you were singing through glass. :)

Nice work. Is this another day's work. That's crazy!

BTW - the picture was classic!

It's like Brit metal meets Dutch pop or something. :)

I hate Megadeth, so I really have no clue about the ripoff.

It is funny to hear you do metal...you did it pretty well!

I once managed to write that famous Deep Purple song :) Then my friend wrote it aswell and we both realised afterwords.

I didn't recognize the Megadeth, but I thought the song kicked ass...

Kinda reminded me of the German band "Accept"...

I had a hard time making out the lyrics though..:D

A blazing guitar solo would of sounded good in there....

All in all, I thought it was a good job!!

And I thought you got a good metal guitar sound....

I thought it was a very good metal attempt for being out of your character. I didnt hear the Megadeth riff and I like Megadeth. I agree a rippin solo is just what this needs.....
Ozzy once said "We are all rip offs" Do you wonder who Megadeth ripped off the riff from. I hear Dokken Cry of the gypsy.

Myx

Where was the Megadeth riff? The descending riff at the end? That's metal public domain - just like you can't patent that new hairstyle of yours, Megadeth can't bust you on that riff.

Where's the bass? Bass is kind of buried. I know - they bury bass in metal. But I like hearing your bass so bring it up!!

Sounding good, Tjarko. You have a thorough understanding and appreciation for so many kinds of music.

Yeah --- I heard the Megadeth riff but who cares!!! That rocked!!!
And the vocals are so damn sexy!!!! One of the reasons why I love Rammstein!!!

If that is a first attempt --- I wouldnt stop!!!! If you feel bad about the riff--- do like everyone else does change a little part of it then it is not a ripp off---- hell everything comes from a riff or two---

Hahaha! that picture is classic. You actually would fit in a hair band, reluctantly i have to say.

This sounds like a skilled cut ped. I'm not sure about the riff in question which you feel was lifted from megadeath but i too would like to jump on the "I hate Megadeath" wagon. Ugh! Please in the future steal from Slayer or something. I for one would prefer something from the dutch ABBA era.;)

"HELLO ME IT'S ME AGAIN"

:D :D

...what you stole was my heart, you big dutch Pastry:D
That pic is great!!!! .....just tell me its the real thing, and that
aint a wig. If we're gonna get into putting up our old 80's pics, Ive got some doooozies:D :D
The tune: ..cool man. I like the guitar tone you got here, but i like it a little better before you doubled (tripled?) it. It got a little woofy on my ole work 'puter here. ..fun experimenting here, ..doing stuff outside your comfort zone is what makes this homerec'ing thing fun..... ...nice.

g

Hey there Ped....pretty cool stuff! I think that you eq'd the heck out if it too much. there's no meat in there! It might not necessarily be the mids missing from the guitars as much as it is the bottem end is not there, i like your use of effects, and the vocals are a bit loud to me. cool ending!
Jason

Not a huge Megadeath fan either so didn't catch the riff. Great job on the tune though. You cover a ton of ground stylistically and this is another winner!

Stole a riff without knowing it?

Yeah, I might be in your situation too. I wrote a song a couple of years ago (I haven't posted it here) and I've always liked it, but the other day I heard someone at work whistling the main melody of it. So does that mean that person at work heard me humming and whistling it myself a couple of years ago when I wrote it, or does it mean I heard it somewhere else myself and thought I wrote it?

Anyway, two things. First, your song. It's got a lot of upper end. You sure about that?

Second, all the stuff you've been putting together in a very short time and putting up here. Pretty cool, huh? LOL Music comes in. Then music comes out. LOL

So, you gonna keep bassing for Sluice? I would if I were you. LOL And why, you may ask? Well, simply this: since you started doing bass for Sluice, a lot of stuff has started surfacing from you, and not only that, it's different from what you've done before. And that's good, right?

Finally, what's that line you sing in the song: something about suck? Ah, yes, Klootzak. Well, are you sure there isn't a 'suck' meaning in there somewhere? LOL

you are a funny m.f.! is that picture photoshopped?

this is the best song you ever put up.. guitars got a little woofy with the chunks.. vocals were cool.. I may have to ask you to do a few spoken words lines for me.. (like @1:45) in Dutch of course.. Dutch sounds close to German.. it sounded Hilterish for a second.. drums could be stronger.. good stuff Ped! enjoyed this one..

Heavy Metal in Dutch! This is great! And I almost lost it when I saw that picture.

I don't know what you're saying, but you sound really angry which is perfect! :D

Very cool stuff. Sounded good on the phones. The vocals might come up just a tad, but otherwise, very nice!

:D

Back