damn, drunk again

damn.....lay off the bottle dtb:D

you make all of us feel bad when you record something this good under the influence............sounds great

Hey dtb,

A very nice tune. It does sound a bit loaded at certain passages, but I guess that it's improvised to some extend :) .
Very relaxing, thanks.

Erik

Are you serious, you did that drunk? Very cool Dan. These Wed. night sessions sound like a lot of fun.

Twist

Nice job. I've got to put this one on repeat, toss a log on the fire, crack a brew, and chill.

Damn. Now I want to leave work, go home, and play acoustic.

Thanks for sharing.

Btw, I had to give "Milwaukee" a listen being that it's my home town. Funny stuff. I liked the mandolin doubled guitar solo.

Track, thanks, drift on.

p.f., it just sounds better when I'm drunk. Thanks.

Erik, it's loaded to every extension. he he Thanks.

twist, I live for Wed. nite jamming. The guys come over, we get cloudy, jam, drink, and just plain have fun. As Watt would say, a bunch of drinkers with a picking problem. he he he Thanks.

Lopp, thanks, acoustic rules. Ya like "Milwaukee"? Great tune.

smoke, thanks friend.

bd, Martin HD28, V67 thru a bluetube into the 788. One take for each track.

B., I checked. Its the rip, cause it's not on the 788. I've been having a little trouble with my burners lately. Getting some pops, clicks, and a few shutters. Any suggestions?

bd, you beat me to it. he he he he he he he he he he he

Thanks folks, for the listen. I am a real lucky dude, to have good friends that love to pick and grin, and a wife who lets me. he he

dtb

B.SABBATH said:
one nit, I heard some serious edits or pops/crackles near the end..

bdbdbuck said:
That was a pop top.

dtb said:
B., I checked. Its the rip, cause it's not on the 788. I've been having a little trouble with my burners lately. Getting some pops, clicks, and a few shutters.

What version are you using? I'm using 1.05.. there could be a chance you would have to get the update.. I had many problems with Ver.1..

thanks B, but it's happening in the puter burner. I burn a cd from the 788 to a standalone burner and all's well. It happens when I rip it into the puter to make the mp3. I did this tune twice, the first being a lot worse, and the second with what you heard. I checked the settings and stuff and all looks right, even though I don't have a lot of knowledge about that. I use jukebox to rip. My wife uses real one and it does the same thing sometimes. If you would, list settings that should be used. They should be roughly the same for most ripping software.

thanks Bob, and be careful, some of the other tunz were done with less booze. he he he he he

yeah, i got some clips and pops every once in a while. must be the encoder.

i like it. i like all your stuff.

i too have a wednesday night gig now and my wife encourages it! makes thursdays very difficult at work, but worth the tradeoff.

Very cool acoustic work......I'll have to download this for future listening pleasure. Very nice and soothing.

As for the clicks and pops......try running a cleaner-CD (get one at the Shack) thru it. Sometimes a bit-o-dirt or hair can make a cd player/burner make some wierd noises.

dtb said:
it's happening in the puter burner. I burn a cd from the 788 to a standalone burner and all's well. It happens when I rip it into the puter to make the mp3. I did this tune twice, the first being a lot worse, and the second with what you heard. I checked the settings and stuff and all looks right, even though I don't have a lot of knowledge about that. I use jukebox to rip. My wife uses real one and it does the same thing sometimes. If you would, list settings that should be used. They should be roughly the same for most ripping software.

hey dtb, I'm not sure about exact settings, but the problem your describing is similar to a problem a friend of mine was having.. His solution was to rip at the slowest speed possible.. He was ripping at 8x the speed and he got similar glitches.. I would definitely try to rip at the slowest speed possible, and then increase it when you see what you can get away with..

not sure if this will help.. the cleaner suggestion made by Lt. Bob seems like a good idea too.

Back