Daigle Street Blues complete at last...

I think you could get some more punch/thump out of the snare, but not being a drummer, maybe Greg_L or Rami might chime in with eq suggestions.

I would maybe mix the lead vocal up a bit on the chorus. You could try adding a second harmony (same notes) and pan the harmonies a bit L/R to surround the lead.

Nice smooth groove, and nothing like live drums to give it some added feel.

The guitar sounds good on the little licks you're doing in the chorus. The main riffs sounds like Steppenwolf's guitar - cool:cool:.

Harmonies on the chorus are really nice.

:D:):D:)

Last edited:
thanks Gerry. i'm hoping rami and greg will chime in. i wanted punch and snap out of the snare. i think i got the snap alright, but i'm lacking in the punch department as you said.

as for the vocals, i have no one to sing a second harmony track. the lady who did the harmony lives in quebec. i haven't seen her in years.

lead vocals will come up during the chorus, i'd been thinking they weren't loud enough. i think i'm going to fake stereo with them to give them more guts.

thanks for the compliments on the guitars :)

i'll take a shot.
I agree, the vocals were a little lost in the mix.
The overall level was low.
I might be hearing things because harmony wavers out of key, and the guitars may not be completely in tune.
Drums are the best thing about it, to my ears. (I find them quite nice, actually).
cheers
C.

A little reverb should help sort out the snare. It could be a little louder, too. Cool hairy guitar sounds.

I like the snare figures in the verse after the guitar solo.

I think the main female BG vocal is too loud in the chorus.

Maybe a room mic and some compression could help the drums have a less close-mic'd sound.

Good stuff, Nicole.

Sound pretty good, the drums do need a fuller sound though. Some reverb to fill them out would be good-not the 80's arena reverb-just a touch for fullness and some wider panning maybe..

I'd cheat & drop some Blockfish compression on the snare & bass drum set at FAT DRUM LOOP.
I like the rest but agree with the above expert type folk as well, (two bob each way).

The guitar could probably be either turned down or use less dist.

I would use a bit less distortion. I know you said you weren't going to rerecord the guitars, but if you ever change your mind I'd definitely go with a mic'ed amp. I think it would make a world of difference. A bluesier, warmer, dirty overdrive would go well with this tune, imho. If you can do it through some tubes, even better!

Good tune though. :)

I would use a bit less distortion. I know you said you weren't going to rerecord the guitars, but if you ever change your mind I'd definitely go with a mic'ed amp. I think it would make a world of difference. A bluesier, warmer, dirty overdrive would go well with this tune, imho. If you can do it through some tubes, even better!

Good tune though. :)

thanks :) i recorded this way back before i knew how to record guitars properly. or before i had the means. and now i'm just too sick of this song to bother. but after this all my stuff has properly recorded guitars so you won't be hearing direct recorded guitars from me anymore :)

The tune is pretty cool.

The drums are real nice. The guitar could probably be either turned down or use less dist. The bass is real nice.

thanks :) the drums are done by a guy in the netherlands. he's really good. :)

I'd cheat & drop some Blockfish compression on the snare & bass drum set at FAT DRUM LOOP.
I like the rest but agree with the above expert type folk as well, (two bob each way).

i don't mix on my computer so i have only two compressors. i used them on all the drums on this at a 2:1 ratio to even things out a bit.

thanks all for replying commenting, i need all the help i can get when mixing :)

Great song. I like the main riff alot. The overall level is low, but once I turned it up, it sounded good. The snare isn't bad, but it sounds a little choked...maybe overcompressed??? Like Supercreep said, a little more reverb on it should help smooth it out. Love the guitar.

Great song. I like the main riff alot. The overall level is low, but once I turned it up, it sounded good. The snare isn't bad, but it sounds a little choked...maybe overcompressed??? Like Supercreep said, a little more reverb on it should help smooth it out. Love the guitar.

thanks Rami :) i'll add a bit of verb to the snare. do you think adding a bit of 400Hz would give it a bit more punch?

Here's my take on this mix..YMMV....
- better sound on the drums. Snare seems a bit snappy but volume appears good.
- better vocal blend on the chorus. I can hear the lead vocals now.
- vocals (lead especially) seem a bit loud. Not sure if they need more reverb but I'd turn the level down first then see
- I'm finding the guitars a bit low now, both but the leads mostly. Most noticeable on the chorus when the vocal comes in.
- bass and drum levels or okay for me
- groovin' on this one :)

Nicole:

I said to Rami hours ago, I´m not at home, and listening on bad speakers ...unfortunatelly cannot help on the technical side.
What I have to say (and listening your other songs on Soundclick) is that you´re a good guitarrist and great singer, very powerfull and emotional voice.

This song is great too.Punchy and well performed Drums, Guitar, Vocal, Backing Vocal,all works fine.

Ciro

www.soundclick.com/openstation

i'm tired of this song.

Don´t worry about, you and everybody , after a long mix section:D

thanks Ido, and Ciro :)

Ido, your suggestions sound right on the money to me. i'll remix and post a new version, probably within a couple of days. :)

Ciro, i'm glad you liked the tune :) but i'm not singing on any of it. i'm playing the guitar and the bass. i did co write the song though :)

thanks for listening guys :)

Ciro, i'm glad you liked the tune :) but i'm not singing on any of it. i'm playing the guitar and the bass. i did co write the song though :)

Hey, Nicole,I was talking about the others (soundclick) songs... sorry, are not you singing there too?

Back