D-Town Train

Self indulgent wankery is cool if it's telling a story, or a truth and delivered well (basically anything David Gilmour did). Many of the guitar notes sound stiff, out of tune, or missed altogether. I would lower the guitar lead and raise the vocals. Vocals are perfectly fine and drums/bass are good too.

I don't know what to say about this.

It sounds like a project that didn't quite go as planned, so instead of ditching it altogether, you figured on salvaging it by doing something different with it.

When I listened, my first thought was, "this introduction is going for a long time". My second thought was "maybe it's an instrumental version", then I skipped forward and heard the vocals in the chorus.

It was worth the experiment, but I think in the end I would prefer to hear sung verses.

Thanks, i appreciate the comments. This just started out as some noodling and meandering instrumental thing, then I heard the little Tom Waitts part in there, so I thought add the chorus. Just fleshing out ideas and seeing what people think of it.

Any thoughts on the tone of the guitars and the arrangements of instruments?

Cool.

It's like - man - I am so tired, but, I just got to do one more tune. "Let's go boys" the band - "well - ok if we have to"

I think the guitar tone is great. I think the kick and bass guitar complement each other well. I would turn the level down on the kick a little because it is hitting pretty hard in the mix. The vocal sounds like it has been high passed at too high a frequency range and dosen't have enough body. Also, it sounds like the vocal was clipping and has some distortion in the high frequency range somewhere between 2000 and 4000k.

Back