A cute little original tune

Sunday Driver
My buddy, Gavin Gossett wrote this about getting out of church and making a mad dash to go eat...a classic theme in these here parts.

Gavin Gosset lyrics and vocals
Tim May rhythm guitar
Tracy Latham banjo

Nice banjo playin, good timin and boppy groove.

Only nit: The vox are almost too clear. I'd add a little verb and tube sound, but thats a very minor thing.

Enjoyed the listen.

really nice retro sound. I'm a big fan. Have to agree though bit more warmth and a little compressin on the voice and verb just my 2 pence

Hey, a big thanks to all you guys. I hear what y'all are talking about on the vocal. Everything but the second guitar mic was cut through a Millennia HV3. Great for stringed instruments, maybe not so much for vocals. I can usually get a good capture, but I'm still quite a novice at mixing. I can do more harm than good sometimes. I'll revisit the tune if I can find the right effect to smooth that vocal for ya...maybe when Gavin comes back in and lays down the bass.

man.. I love this song!!! I can totally imagine myself in the car in the 60s. I hope you add some bass (hopefully an upright one) and some type of percussion. Check out my video, I use a cardboard box for percussion and I think it would be perfect for this song.

Agree with the others - it has a nice feel to it and very natural sounding. I like music to take me somewhere else, and this certainly does. Get some bass on it!

Thanks, guys. I was mighty proud of Gavin for writing and performing that one. I'll have to twist his arm to get him in here with a bass fiddle.

Back