Critque wanted on new song >

heya fellow strat user- good song, it's kind of a bare bones production, so there's not much i can offer in the way of a critique. A few thoughts though- it was kind of long-if you cut down the intro and the between verses stuff you could economize it a bit without losing the feel of the song. As far as the recording (since that is the purpose of the clinic)-sounded like there was an audible hiss through the entire song-almost like it was recorded on a cassete 4 track. I'm listening in a bad environment so it may be on my end but i don't think so...The performance was good all around, the singing and playing were definetely adequete-there's a lot of room for production ideas-musical hooks, use of dynamics etc. I'd like to hear this as a more finished product(unless this is the final destination for this)-in which case it stands pretty good on its own.

I sure would like to listen to this..but I hate garageband, LOL they have a "special' going on now 19.99 for a freakin review of your bands tune. Try somethin like nowhere radio.com, its free. You have to have realplayer to stream it also on g/b and that sucks on its on too.

I recorded it with one mic running through a mixer into my computer. The hissing sound in the background believe it or not is the sound of insects outside, if you listen carefully it might make more sense. Like I said the songs only about 48 hrs old so an electric, hopefully full band, version will be made but I wanted some feedback on the roots of the song first.

Sorry, but.....

I don't see a download for "Call It A Lie"

I found one for "Letting It Go".

Is it just me or does the navigation on that site suck?:D

Ah, there it is!

At least their server is fast. 80Kps :cool:

That hissing is a bit distracting. Reminds me of some of my old 2-track cassette stuff!:D

I think you've got the foundation for a good song here. The performance is pretty good, though I think you need to relax a bit more when you sing. The vocal seems a bit "forced" at times.

Definately post back with an update. I'd like to hear this with the "full treatment".:)

Back