Critiques Please

Hi

You have a lot of songs on your site, maybe you can specify which ones you want feedback on ?

I listened to "Whiskey Morning". I like it a lot. Nice guitar, piano and vocals. Nice work.

/Jack Real.

I listened to "Hangman" first.

Perhaps "fatten" up the distorted guitar and make it louder.

From a percussion standpoint: I'd redo the bass drums. They sound a bit techno. The cymbal crashes sound pretty fake, too. I guess that doesn't really help, unless you want to take the time to redo that.

I don't understand why you have the piano come in with the chorus at 2:00, but only for a couple notes. Maybe add some reverb to that and keep it going. Also, have a guitar on each side of the mix at this point.

Really nice song, though. Those are my suggestions.

PS. Maybe getting a drummer on board would be worthwhile. And better equipment; I can hear static throughout, which is a shame because the guitar tones are really cool and it'd be nice to clearly hear those harmonies.

Listened to most of Bunnyman Bridge. You already know the canned drums gotta go. All nice songs, good arangements and performances. Only one thing really bothered me and it was subtle. I think the compression which was used consistently throughout cut down the dynamics a bit too much and caused some ear fatigue by the end of the album.

Thanks all for listening.

No question about the canned drums. They're awful. I'll have to look for that compression throughout.
Thanks again for listening

Back