Critique Please

First, the drums aren't too loud. You might actually want to give them a little more presence in the mix if possible. I don't know... I think in general the mix is solid for the level it's at. It's got a lo-fi charm to it -- would sound good on a cassette. Short answer: learn to use EQ. It makes the greatest difference between this lo-fi sound you've got now, and something with more clarity and punch.

The most important thing I could say, I guess, is use a metronome. It's generally cohesive but about 80% of the way through I got lost where it sounded like it was actually skipping or something.

Good song though.

Ko17 said:
song I did a few months ago, I think the drums may be too loud, but I'm not sure...

I Just Found A Girl

Agree with sxjesus mostly; take advantage of the lofi charm by making the drums perhaps LESS present though, pull them back into the meat of the mix further... especially the snare.

Got some significant meter issues with the shaker down the right side. You GOTTA do this kind of thing to a click track. And yeah, the drums short-shifted the entrance at about 2:25... Interesting tune though! Bright and happy!

Back