Thread: Critique my new song Please

Thanks

Post Critique my new song Please

Sign in to disable this ad
    hello everyone
    I have another song if anyone would like to critique it. It has no lyrics but will soon. If you would critique it, it would mean a lot to me because i am going back in the studio this weekend and we want to fix some things, so if you would critique please!

The Link:
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=3469&alid=-1

thank you for your time
    "i cant believe i ate the whole thing

Thanks
    it started out good, but when the drums came in it went right downhill.. not just the drummers timing, but the overall sound.. can't you hear the cymbals drowning everything out? everything falls apart in the loud sections.. the bass too.. I think you would have to retrack it.. you have a good bass and guitar sound to start out with.. good song idea here.. the bass and guitar by itself sound good..

Thanks
    Agreed....it needs a ton, and I mean a TON of work

Thanks
    You say you're going back to the studio this weekend to fix some things? You mean this was done in a studio????

If so - get your money back... Yikes......

It all sounds very raw, and very lo-fi.... as well, when the beat kicks in, it's very mushy and there's also some distortion happening....

Also - performance issues on the drums (timing).....

You've got more on your plate here than just "fixing a a few things..."

Thanks
    the past posters have determined why the recording is not very good...

i pretty much agree. the drumming sounds pretty bad, it's also played really bad too. the big fills sound like a two year old toddler banging randomly.

i think i heard your first track that you submited a few days ago (i apologise if it was someone else but i think it was you). seriously, you need to put some lyrics up for these songs. your songs are WAY too repetitive to be used as instrumentals. i really like the bass riff you're using but it just repeats though the whole song and without vocals or anything else to stir it up, well it just gets boring. i stuggled to listen to the entire thing.

i think your music has potential. you obviously can write good bass and guitar lines. but i think this track suffers from a lot of the things that people commented on in the first track. in particular, bad performance, poor mixing and recording, and a song that seems to go nowhere.

Thanks
    thank you for your time. Well first i forgot to mention that the "studio" is a house with a four track. there are another few things
    1. This is not an instrumental
    2. 2 mics for drums (one in the bass drum and one overhead)
    3. Guitar and Bass are direct
    it was recorded a while back and we have practice a lot since then and also grown older in our musicianship.

Thank you and there will be more soon so i will post it when we have them up
    also if you want to suggest a band name thats cool because we are looking for a new one.
    "i cant believe i ate the whole thing

Thread Information