Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: critic badly needed rough mix.

Thanks

critic badly needed rough mix.

Sign in to disable this ad
    ok guys this is a song im laying voxs and bass guitar to tommorow this is a rough mix.
    just wanna know what you guys think and if theres to much bass in this mix or not enough of other things.
    any help would be great. my singer is coming over tommorow for sure to add vox to this and greater works than these.
    im sorry i havnt had much time lately to critic i have been so busy with my band and church. we are getting ready to go into a pro studio next month and this song is actually just for studio practice for the band. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and god bless you all. tim pate, ill post the versions with vox as soon as there done. http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1751&alid=-1 he died for you

Thanks
    i do have a question, the drums i used in this song are midi and i used live synth pro for the fonts, but what i did after i recorded the midi to audio is i cloned the audio drum track and i panned one 85 percent right and one 85 percent left, does anyone else do this or do they just run one drum track wright down the middle. i think i panned the left guitar 65 and the right 65 but not sure. i would like to get a firm hand on this panning thing and get it wright once and for all. any help would be great thanks and god bless tim pate.

Thanks

Thumbs up

ACE!!!!!!!!!! I have no mixing skill's and i'm listening on computer speakers, so i just wanted to drop a line!!! one thing though......
    .....the git's sound a little to low?? lacking in some high and mid's, take that with a gallon af salt!!!!!! i can't crank my speakers to much, because they are just RUMBLING!!!! ( thats the only reason i got that impression)

Anyway...........3rd listen, man, this is right up my alley!!!!!! the main git riff sound's alot like megadeth's "symphony of destruction". I'm diggin the drum's!!!!! i think they sound great!!(again, comp speakers) the git's are eating the kick alive! sound's great when soloed at the end, lost in the mix, though.

GREAT HEAVY STUFF!!!!!! can't wait to hear a finished version!!!

Thank's, ace!!!

Peace

Rick

Thanks
    The big guns should roll in before long and tell what you got there. In the meatime I`ll offer a humble opinion. I think by running a copy of the drum track and setting the pans left85/right85 you may have recreated most of what you had to start with, the drums in the center, although you just made them a little wider and not as punchy in the middle. I use midi for drums too, except I put them in the center, feed the signal hard to LiveSynthPro so its really hot, then I add stereo predelay to them to make them spread across to the edges. The sound, both lofi and hifi to me sounds like you compressed the heck out it on the rythymn guitar and drums, while keeping a hard limit on them as well. It seems they can`t breathe cause something has them by the throat. The playing is very good.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    thanks fender thats what im looking for so i can get this straight by tommorow. my biggest problem im still having is getting the guitars seperated from the kick. it just seems to muddy it up even though i gott them panned away from eachother. the only thing i can think of is its a frequency thing or somthing. please if anyone can help with this please do. i appreciate your time and i realy want this to have a good end result and be kicking hard. thanks.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Toki987
    The big guns should roll in before long and tell what you got there. In the meatime I`ll offer a humble opinion. I think by running a copy of the drum track and setting the pans left85/right85 you may have recreated most of what you had to start with, the drums in the center, although you just made them a little wider and not as punchy in the middle. I use midi for drums too, except I put them in the center, feed the signal hard to LiveSynthPro so its really hot, then I add stereo predelay to them to make them spread across to the edges. The sound, both lofi and hifi to me sounds like you compressed the heck out it on the rythymn guitar and drums, while keeping a hard limit on them as well. It seems they can`t breathe cause something has them by the throat. The playing is very good.

Hey flash, you and toki posted at the same time, so i think you haven't seen this yet. sound's like some solid advice!!!

I know you would have have gotten around to seeing it, but you could be mixing at this very moment!!!!! and could apply this.

your friendly neighborhood spiderman

and BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    again i would like to thank you guys for responding to this. it realy means alot to me. when you say predelay toki what exactly do you use,(sonar,or somthing similar). and what plugin do you use. it sounds good whatever you mean.(sorry for the greenhorn question but i dont know the difference between predelay and delay). ive always said the only stupid question is the question you dont ask and hey thats how we all learn.
    this truly is a great site with alot of great people that realy know there stuff. i see what you mean by the compresion sound although i assure you i didnt add any compresion but i did add bbe sonic maximizer when i mixed down. im not sure if that is what your hearing or not? ill try and take that off and see what happens. thanks for the bump fender, by the way i realy liked that song b.sabbath did of yours. god bless tim pate

Thanks

Exclamation

Cool Riff, Tim! Just one question... would ya light a candle and put it under a basket? Get the basket off dat Rythmn Geetar and let it shine, dude!

Blessings to ya!!!

CR ><>
    http://www.christianmusicianforum.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Thanks
    There's a lotta low end on that guitar. It might be too much when you add the bass. Dude! you're gonna play this song in church? Cool! Can't wait to hear the choir!

Twist

Thanks
    Originally posted by flash2ace

when you say predelay toki what exactly do you use,(sonar,or somthing similar). and what plugin do you use. it sounds good whatever you mean.(sorry for the greenhorn question but i dont know the difference between predelay and delay). ive always said the only stupid question is the question you dont ask and hey thats how we all learn.

believe me, I have asked some questions that probably made some of these folks cringe and go into spasms.

In Sonar, using cakewalks fxreverb I set the room size as small as possible, the delay as close to 0 as I can. leave the rolloffs up, then there is a setting called pre-delay. I believe whatever you have the delay setting at, it reintroduces the signal again at times between 0 and where you have the delay set. THe result is a fattening of the original tone without making it appear to have a longer evelope. It seems that a tiny amount of delay with predelay added gets me closer to the drum sound I want. It may merit playing around with.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thread Information