critic badly needed rough mix.

hi guys, i have to say that this is some of the best info ive ever gotten anywhere on mixing. somthing ive never understood about mixing is that not only doed each instrument have to have its own space as far as panning goes but also its own space in the frequency department to.now i have a silly question. if you were to have this mix in front of you and all you had to work with was sonar 2.0 xl for mixing what plugin would you use to cut the lows on the guitar and maybe some ideas how it works. wow chris i realy thank you for taking the time for the comparison with the megadeth tune, ive always liked megadeth but to be honest didnt realize the similaritys until recently. well anyway my singer and bass player came over today as promised and all i can say is wow it turned out very nice indeed. its still hard to define the kick lke it should be, so do you guys think the low end cut alone will be enough or should i just retrack the guitars with less lows on em and lessen the gain up by about 25 percent, by the way im using my zoom gfx8. it realy has alot of goodies in it and aint quite as digital sounding as previous zooms i still have lol.i am more than willing to retrack the guitars if necessary, i want this song to be as good as i can get it.but if cutting the lows alone on the guitars will help define the drums and the overall mix then i will do that? i realy want to upload this now but i gotta restrain to get a answer on the guitars, but what i will say is the mixture of this heavy music and a very talented feamle singer is awesome. and the words realy have a great message to them. thanks all for repying and ill await your answers on the guitars. then i will do whatever is necessary and post it for listen thanks again and god bless. sorry this is so long. tim pate

ok i used the fxeq plugin to make the cut on guitars. i used the preset 60 cycle-cut (30 db) and holy shite it opened up te drums so much my ears couldnt believe it. and i can acyually hear the bass guitar now lol. this is not permanent so if anyone thinks it would benefit more from retracking then ill do it so just let me know. i havnt posted it yet still waiting for answer and ill post it tommorow because im probably gonna retrack guitars anyway.
thanks again and god bless you guys. tim pate

Back