Crawl (an original song)

Atkron205

Hey all, give me your take on this mix. we are a 3 piece band with acoustic, bass, and drums. you are not going to hurt my feelings. :facepalm: Thanks for the listen.

Attachments

• Crawl Take 2 MP3_1.mp3
    9.5 MB · Views: 27
Dude, I tried listening to you song, but in my PC it says that the file is corrupted. Can u send another link?

Sounds good. I like the voice. I like the song. I like the performance. The most obvious thing here is the bass in stereo - I'd like to hear it more up the middle.

I can easily imagine this on the radio.

Sounds good. I like the voice. I like the song. I like the performance. The most obvious thing here is the bass in stereo - I'd like to hear it more up the middle.

I can easily imagine this on the radio.

Thank you, I have a amp sim on the bass which made the track stereo, let me see if I can change it.

Dude, I tried listening to you song, but in my PC it says that the file is corrupted. Can u send another link?

Hey, not sure what the issue may be, I can click the link and it works, also works for the other person who replied. Thanks

Hey dude, it worked now, I'm sorry, I probably did something wrong when I first downloaded it.

Anyway, its a really nice idea and a good song. There are some things I would do if I were you...bring the drums and bass a little bit down, maybe compress them a bit, but maybe your intention was to achieve this kind of more heavy sound.

Would like to know how you achieve the vocals sound. Did you put any saturation on it?

Funny thing, when I click on the link and tell it to play, all that came through was a loud hash. When I hit download, the song plays just fine. Weird!

The vocals are GOOD! Your voice reminds me a bit of Chris Daughtry. I might work a bit on the solo break. It doesn't seem to fit with the mood of the song, and there are a couple of places where it misses the beat. You might also try adding something like an acoustic guitar to the background rhythm track. Somethings it just gives a bit of fullness to the track, if you don't want the sound to be too sparse. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but its something I do.

Good song, it just needs a few touches.

Overall, this is a good demo. The song has a good structure, voice is good, strong and confident.

Listen to what Talisman ^^ said above. There is scope for exanding on the musical story.

Hey dude, it worked now, I'm sorry, I probably did something wrong when I first downloaded it.

Anyway, its a really nice idea and a good song. There are some things I would do if I were you...bring the drums and bass a little bit down, maybe compress them a bit, but maybe your intention was to achieve this kind of more heavy sound.

Would like to know how you achieve the vocals sound. Did you put any saturation on it?

Thanks for the listen, on the drums my fault, I have a new custom kit and this is the 1st time i have recorded them, they sound so awesome. lol. on the vocals I have a compressor set at 6 to 1 ratio, and a limiter because his voice is really strong, and the CLA vocals plug in with a short slapback delay, and a little verb.

---------- Update ----------

Overall, this is a good demo. The song has a good structure, voice is good, strong and confident.

Listen to what Talisman ^^ said above. There is scope for exanding on the musical story.

Thanks so much for the listen and advice

Funny thing, when I click on the link and tell it to play, all that came through was a loud hash. When I hit download, the song plays just fine. Weird!

The vocals are GOOD! Your voice reminds me a bit of Chris Daughtry. I might work a bit on the solo break. It doesn't seem to fit with the mood of the song, and there are a couple of places where it misses the beat. You might also try adding something like an acoustic guitar to the background rhythm track. Somethings it just gives a bit of fullness to the track, if you don't want the sound to be too sparse. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but its something I do.

Good song, it just needs a few touches.

Thanks for the advice, all the guitar parts are acoustic, right before tracking we discovered the Les Paul had a bad buzz so we used the acoustic with amp sims, I do have an acoustic rhythm track and will boost that.

Thanks Man, The singer is really amazing, this is the 1st band I have played in the past 4 years, I have been looking for an original tone to work with, didnt really know what I was really looking for until I heard him. and he is a really good person with no attitude, a must and a breath of fresh air for me. Im old and have zero tolerance for that. :D

Atkron, I'm guessing that you used the pickup option on your acoustic. Not sure what guitar it is, but it sounded more "electric" rather than acoustic. I was thinking more of a mic'ed up acoustic. Also, on the instrumental break, the guitar has almost an electric sitar sound to it. It reminded me of the Joe South song Games People Play, just not a strong. Was that something you were trying for?

Atkron, I'm guessing that you used the pickup option on your acoustic. Not sure what guitar it is, but it sounded more "electric" rather than acoustic.

I was wondering about this too. Is that the sort of sound you want for your acoustic? If you want it to sound like an acoustic guitar, you'll probably have to retrack with a mic.

I have a lot of nits with this, honestly.

The vocals have a lot of reverb on them, which makes them sound like they're in a completely different place from the rest of the band
The bass keeps on falling behind the beat, especially on the triplets and 8th note groupings.
The stereo bass is kinda unbalanced as has been mentioned before.
The drums aren't bad.
The song is kind of lacking in dynamics. Once the band comes in, everything stays at pretty much the same level. The bass and guitar don't vary dynamically at all. The drums just alternate between a ride and hat pattern. The vocalist just switches between late grunge quiet/loud sounds.

Back