Crashing - alternative pop/rock

I thought it sounded good. Your voice had an almost Getty Lee sound. Hard to say where this belongs. But I thought it good. I would have liked to hear more drums, but taste thing.

Great voice, it has been awhile since I've listened much in MP3, but I think I have always liked your vocals. If you are not in a band, and you can sound this good live, dude, you really should have your ass out there.

Good stuff.

Sounds great-I like the distinction and separation on the guitars in the open. My only criticisms would be personal preferences. A couple of things that stood out to me is the first vocal line sounded weird, is it auto tuned?, maybe it's the delay??. There also seems to be a buildup of mud in the center of the mix when everything gets going-the cymbals have a swishy swirly sound to me at times, hard to tell if it's the high hats or the crashes. During one of the full stops a guitar is slightly audible. How far are you panning your guitars? The ping of the ride cymbal sounds wider than the guitars. Good tune, great vocal and arrangement as always.

Another good song and mix. Such a guitar driven sound i think the drums and bass get pushed back a little.I say tweak that a bit and see what comes out.If you don't like you can always go back to the original sound

If you are not in a band, and you can sound this good live, dude, you really should have your ass out there.

Good stuff.

Dude, the vocals are a result of 12 takes, best lines (sometimes single words) from each take. Then, lightly brushed with Melodyne. The processing helps too. I'm not consistent enough with live vocals. I hit the notes, but the inflections and emotion, I'm not dead on with the subtleties of phrasing in every take. I overthink it a lot. That's why I do 12 takes... once I relax, I get decent stuff. But not trained enough to do live vocals for shows.

Bro...sounds really good. You have a great knack for songwriting and your vocals sound excellent. This song sounds like it would already be on the radio.

I hear a slight muddiness to around the 250 -400 range where the guitars and bass are filling up the same space...but its not that noticeable. Guitar tones sound really good...didn't noticed any shrill-ness. Drums sound right on. Good job

Per usual, it sounds excellent.

Vocal is very clear. Nice singing. I like the guitar sounds. Bass sounds good and it is sitting perfect.

To me the two guitar parts in the intro didn't play well off of each other. Not horrible, but they just didn't quite play right to me.

The lead vocal is a bit covered in the chorus. The guitars are a little out in front. I might nudge the guitars down a db or two in the chorus.

SC is kind of mucking with the cymbals in spots. Most of it is OK, but right when the drums come in, I'm getting some swirliness. It goes away when the vocal comes in. Snare and kick sound great.

The lead vocal is a bit covered in the chorus.....SC is kind of mucking with the cymbals in spots. Most of it is OK, but right when the drums come in, I'm getting some swirliness. It goes away when the vocal comes in. Snare and kick sound great.

Thanks. I heard from others that the vox were getting buried, but I explained that I was too lazy to get in there and manually edit gain. That's what I usually do, but I just wanted to get this one over with already :) I do see what you're saying though. And damn Soundcloud. I ws hoping this one wouldn't do it as much; the monitors helped with hearing those annoying frequencies, so I thought I EQ'd them well enough. Maybe I'll compensate more next time for SC. thnx 3m

Good mix. The verse section sounds very punchy, with good relative levels between guitars, bass and drums. Some of that punch seems to get lost in the chorus, maybe because additional guitars are showing up to drown the bass a bit? Vocal is way out front in the verse--that's a good thing, shows confidence in the song. Cool ending.

I think it sounds really good, well played, well written, well mixed. I agree with you that the snare might be a tad too crispy and bright, but I think the guitars' have too much high end 'air', which to me is most apparent in the chorus.

WAV files do help a bit, but SC converts them to low quality MP3. At least you don't get two conversions, though.

makes a difference from headphones, huh? sonic excellence and really good arrangement

I think so, yeah. But the mix I'm currently working on is giving me trouble. Can't seem to find a good balance among the instruments, and just picking out the guitar tones is proving difficult. I resorted to my headphones last night to get it in order. Hopefully it's not something that continues, maybe it's just because I've been having to work on it pieces at a time with so much homework and stuff keeping me occupied. I'll post that tune in a week or so.

thanks man

Sounds good man I guess my only comment is when the drum fill comes in right before the stop, I think I hear too much 500-600 hz. And I could be total wrong. I also get too much fizz on the guitars but that is kind of a pet peeve of mine. I prefer more natural electric guitar tones without all the processing. All depends on your vision. Nice modern sound.

Sounds good man I guess my only comment is when the drum fill comes in right before the stop, I think I hear too much 500-600 hz. And I could be total wrong. I also get too much fizz on the guitars but that is kind of a pet peeve of mine. I prefer more natural electric guitar tones without all the processing. All depends on your vision. Nice modern sound.

It's weird how there's a gray area between too much fizz and just enough. That area right above 5khz is questionable and everyone has a different opinion on it. One day I'll like a little top end boost, the next I take it off. Depends how well my ears are working, I guess. Thanks for checking it out, the comments help me improve and assure me, in some elements of the mix, that I'm on the right track. appreciate it

Back