Cover of SRV (Crossfire)

HangDawg

bUnGhOlIo
Though I 'd have a little fun and brush up on the chops as well. Stevie kicks ass. Check it out and let me know what you think of the guitar tone. There are a couple mistakes and the tempo fluctuates a couple times.

Warning: It's on my FTP site so you'll only download at about 10-12K. But it's worth it.:D

Last edited:
Hey you...this is gonna' be fun. I'm downloading now, and it's showing about 3kbps...that may be b/c 20 people are downloading it, but if it's not...then you need to figure out how to pirate bandwidth from some Fortune 500 Company. :D

I'll be back later....MUCH later :D

ahhh you'll be done in another 5 minutes. I would have put it up on NWR but of course, It's a cover. Your getting almost 9K now.

*Monitor Disclaimer*
mine are blown - headphone review.

HOLY HELL!!! NICE JOB!!!

Might be bass heavy...Wow, you nailed this. Your voice...YOUR VOICE!!!!

I try not to gush, but this is gushable.

The tone is not a clone...Living in Texas, I've only heard this about 900 Million times, but it's damned close.

Man, you play very well.

Those are real drums.

This will probably get you flamed, but I, chrisharris, most hated member of hrdc, lol...LOVE THIS!!!! :D :D :D

Yep, I went for the big bottom end. I don't expect the tone to be dead nuts because, although I play a strat, it's through a mesa dual recto. I'm pretty sure Stevie didn't use one of those. But I tried to get it close. Real drums of course. There were a couple mistakes but I'm gettin better. Thanks for the listen dude.

chrisharris said:
*Monitor Disclaimer*
mine are blown - headphone review.

HOLY HELL!!! NICE JOB!!!

Might be bass heavy...Wow, you nailed this. Your voice...YOUR VOICE!!!!

I try not to gush, but this is gushable.

The tone is not a clone...Living in Texas, I've only heard this about 900 Million times, but it's damned close.

Man, you play very well.

Those are real drums.

This will probably get you flamed, but I, chrisharris, most hated member of hrdc, lol...LOVE THIS!!!! :D :D :D

chris, this song blows goats, and so do you.

Wow chris, you were right. You've got some nice friends around here. What a bunch of pecker heads. Can't even post under their real account.

Good job Hang Dawg! I think you pretty much got it note for note. I really liked the mix, it was very clean with everything in it's place.
It seems our resident "Record producer" has been doing this kind of stuff to a lot of folks. He says he's a record producer, but if you check his posts in the guitar forum, looks like he doesn't yet own a microphone. I guess you just gotta take it for what it's worth.
The other noob...I think we all know who it is, but I gotta say the moniker is just plain comical! Sorry Chris, it's just that I got a chuckle out of it. I for one get a lot of benefit from reading your posts, don't let the troll thing stop you from posting.

bd

Thanks Buck

I was kinda concerned about the low end. Some of my stuff is a little weak so I was trying to concentrate on that area along with getting a good guitar track. It's kinda funny, it took me all day Saturday to get shit dialed in and only 5 hrs to track and mix it.

chrisblowsgoats said:
chris, this song blows goats, and so do you.
Hey, what a cool excuse for a bump.

RANT!! RANT!! RANT!! COCKSOCKET!!

You know, lol...just fill in some of my previous work above and laugh.

HangDawg - Again, I think this is great... I'm even more impressed considering the time you spent on it. You might do a low rolloff, though...I just don't think you need all the subsonic stuff...sounds like it's eating up headroom. I dunno'...try a highpass filter and post an alternate version? So you've got 2? I'd like to hear it, personally...you know...in between my goat blowing sessions :D

Yo dawg!

You caught the feel of this one very well.
I like your voice man.
I am not real big on the keyboard playing but the other instruments are very well done.
You do you're own drums as well.

Well done.

This really captured the essence. The phrasing was almost perfect.

One thing I noticed having the orig playing in my head while listening was what struck me as a lack of low mids on the axe and keys.

Nicely done.

HevyD47Ca

Thanks man, I did this so I could get some practice recording guitar. I was gonna skip the keyboard parts but it was really empty without them so I said screw it and put it in there. A keyboard player I am definately not! I'm getting better playin drums because I hate the sound of the SR16 and programming them is a pain in the ass.

Doug H

Thanks for the listen. Is the lack of the low mid bad or good or just different? That is the weakest part of my mixing skills at this point because of the where my monitors are at. I'm stuck in 1/4 of a square room and the wall is about 1' behind my head. This will all change shortly as I'm nearing completion of the control room. Then I will have to learn all over again.:D

very good. You did an extraordinary amount of work on this to cover it that well and it shows. The guitar is nice and thick, and sweaty sounding, I`d add a touch of upper mids and get the rest of the squall out on it. You play very good and the singing is cool. The low end is a bit heavy on the subsonics but dont sound bad, jus a lil muddy. If you shelve it at around a 50 hz center and it`ll clean up. Thanks for sharing man.

Back