Cover of SRV (Crossfire)

Thanks Toki

This was one of my favorite tunes to play live. People really seemed to like it when you nail it. That's why I know it so well.

Well, it's different, but in terms of matching the original, a bit less extreme bottom, with more mids throughout would get it closer.

btw, don't mistake me for someone who knows anything about anything, it's just what I think I'm hearing.

hey dawg

this is one of my favorite artists, so I was looking foward to the download to finish..

good job on the solo... that is a tough emotional solo to nail.

your vocals are sounding good on this also..

the organ was a bit synthetic (had a bit of the adams family organ sound :)... but thats about the only suggestion i had..

:)

Thank you for the listen Jeff

The organ would sound synthetic because........well....... it is:D All I had was a plain B3 sample to work with, no leslie so I put on a little chorus for some swirly effect. But, when it's all ya got ya know. This was basically an exercise for me to try and get some chops back and practice recording guitar. I've been really slacking the last few years. Been spending too much time on the career and not enough (any) on music. I used to be half decent about 8 years ago but I've really let it slide. Again, thanks for the listen (music and rambling)

Bump!

Nice work, bro!

Groove is a tad iffy in a few spots, but that's a tough one to nail when you do everything yourself.;)

Real close on the lead tone, and the playin' is good! Vocal is right in there too.:cool:

BTW I should have something for you this coming week.:) Too much work lately.:rolleyes:

Yep wasn't really concerned too much with the groove. The drums were 1 take start to finish. I was just pissin around and wanted to get some blisters going on the fingers.

Really cool. Do those hi-hats pierce your ears? They seem a little brite here. I'm hearing some clipping... probably on the 2-mix (thought it was the kick drum at first)...

Guitfiddle buttercreamy smooth thingy. Nice. Gotta real good flow to it. Good musicianship. Only thing that really sticks out are those hi-hats. Sweet job.

Chad

I think there are a few kick drum clips in there. Could edit them out but screw it. Was mainly interested in the guitar tone.

Excellent!! Glad I finally got in to listen, best cover of Stevie Ive heard.
Id like to hear some more:)

wfaraoni said:
Excellent!! Glad I finally got in to listen, best cover of Stevie Ive heard.
Id like to hear some more:)

Thank you much. I think my FTP server was down for awhile. Could have been me and the boy playing DiabloII slowing things down as well.:D

ahhhhhhhhhh yeah there we go...
man you copped SRV pretty good
I remember the time I met Stevie up in Austin and he started telling me that the Dumble and the Frankenstein Strat were all for show. The tone he got on his albums was from a solid state Crate amp and a MIK Squire Strat. Just as I was about to chalk up the tip of my boot and kick Stevie in the...oh heck I am just kiddin'...

Back