Cover of the Rolling Stone

Jay, this is GGGGGGGGGGGGreat! The performance is awesome! My only real nit is your rhythm guitar is a little in your face. Was it DI by any chance?

Different take on a cool song. A lot more country-ish.

The timing's a bit off at times, as if your drummer's falling asleep in the verses, not much but enough to notice. And I agree that the rythm git is too loud.

A few things that stand out the most to me are:

In the chorus, the background vocals are singing "stooooone" in unicent. It could have used harmonies like in the original.

The choruses build up (..."gonna see my smiling face"......) towards the final line, and then, for the big pay off in the chorus, there's a very shy "On the cover of the Rolling Stone" sung in falsetto. It's a bit of a let down every chorus. You needed someone to belt out "ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE!!!".

As usual, I love your voice, and you do this one well.

The choruses build up (..."gonna see my smiling face"......) towards the final line, and then, for the big pay off in the chorus, there's a very shy "On the cover of the Rolling Stone" sung in falsetto. It's a bit of a let down every chorus. You needed someone to belt out "ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE!!!".

Agreed. This should be the loudest part of the song, and instead it came across as slightly timid and rather lackluster. It's the excellence that surrounds it that really makes the payoff disappointing.

But man, other than that, it's a fantastic cover. Sounds like it could be on the radio today!

Different take on a cool song. A lot more country-ish.

The timing's a bit off at times, as if your drummer's falling asleep in the verses, not much but enough to notice. And I agree that the rythm git is too loud.

A few things that stand out the most to me are:

In the chorus, the background vocals are singing "stooooone" in unicent. It could have used harmonies like in the original.

As usual, I love your voice, and you do this one well.

Agreed. This should be the loudest part of the song, and instead it came across as slightly timid and rather lackluster. It's the excellence that surrounds it that really makes the payoff disappointing.

But man, other than that, it's a fantastic cover. Sounds like it could be on the radio today!
Thanks guys.....I'll see if I can get the guys to loosen up a bit and scream at the mic.....the're a bit mic shy:D

Pretty good version Jay-Same backing vocal problem already listed-Damn this song brings back memories..
I'm hearing some intonation issues with the dobro and the rhythm guitar-they are close but slightly off.
Your solo is nice, the original one was so out it was quite cool, they had the notes in the scale right but the timing was wacky, I guess thats was cool about it.;)

Pretty good version Jay-Same backing vocal problem already listed-Damn this song brings back memories..
I'm hearing some intonation issues with the dobro and the rhythm guitar-they are close but slightly off.
Your solo is nice, the original one was so out it was quite cool, they had the notes in the scale right but the timing was wacky, I guess thats was cool about it.;)
Thanks for the comments......I would like to say again that this was just for fun and as for intonation issues.....did not tune a damn thing:D Just pulled guitars off the wall and started playing......BTW....there was alcohol involved!!!!:rolleyes: It was fun to do and we had a blast doing it:D

Thanks for the comments......I would like to say again that this was just for fun and as for intonation issues.....did not tune a damn thing:D Just pulled guitars off the wall and started playing......BTW....there was alcohol involved!!!!:rolleyes: It was fun to do and we had a blast doing it:D

As long as fun was achieved~~~~thats ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!!

Hey, did your part of Kentucky get walloped pretty bad with the ice as we did? I couldn't even get traction down my driveway, let alone the 1/8 mile to the highway...the Mrs & I did have a fun snow day though!;)

As long as fun was achieved~~~~thats ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!!

Hey, did your part of Kentucky get walloped pretty bad with the ice as we did? I couldn't even get traction down my driveway, let alone the 1/8 mile to the highway...the Mrs & I did have a fun snow day though!;)
There are 60,000 people without power and water right now....we got lucky, ours was out for only 18 hours....the rest will have to wait until the middle of next week.

Nice! Great country feel, I don't know the original, but this sounds pretty good. Great voice, nice guitar work. Yeah alcohol can be good sometimes.....:D
Recording sounds just right to me.

Joe :):):):)

Back