Cover of Chris Harris's You're Alot Like Me

HangDawg

bUnGhOlIo
Sorry for being late on this but I didn't know about it until last week. After listening to some of the other covers I noticed people usually tried to keep their versions close to the original. Well, I took a different route. I guess you could call this more of a remake than a cover. Oh, it's the same song, kinda. But I don't have an accoustic, nor the desire to play slow country song. Well enough talk

Alot Like me

YES!!!!!!

THIS FUCKING ROCKS..I LOVE IT!!!!

i am stunned the harmonies are superb!!...

man this is how i hear ALL of chris' music in my head...

thank you for this!!!

jamal

DUDE!!!!!

I'm listening right now with my daughter... she likes you much better than me.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Okay, you did the exact opposite to my song as I did to Jamal's tune. I love this. Is that you singing?

GREAT JOB!!!!! I'm sure I'll be back, lol. I love this.

Yeah, I'm back...but this doesn't count, lol. Just dropping in to say that the mix kicks ass too.

[edit] This is what the Ramones WANTED to sound like...I mean, I don't mean any offense to the dead, lol...I just think this kicks ass.

ok 4th listen in..

still rocks ...
still love the harmonies..
are you playing ALL of this?..

real drums sound good ~
can you rerecord all of my songs too?!?!?!...

excellent.."DONT TRY TO TELL ME IM WRONG"...man that part just SHINES....

ok im done .
jamal

Very cool. I knew I liked it after about 2 seconds :)

Being one of the few cover tunes where I knew the original before hearing the cover made this an especially fun listen for me.

Bass and guitar sound great together, loved the "ooooh, ooooh, ooooh" backing vocals.

I thought the symbols were mixed a little hot.

Doug

Thanks guys. Especially you Chris. I went out for dinner and was dying to know what you would think. Yes, all of it is me. Did the drums last night and everything else today. Gotta keep in mind I've only been playing drums for about 6 months. And very little at that.

HangDawg said:
Yes, all of it is me.
I'm very impressed...especially on the drums. Man, thanks for doing this. I have no idea how you heard what you did out of my tune, but ask my wife, lol...I love it.

HangDawg said:
I just thought of Green Day and the rest came natural:D

LOL! My feelings exactly! Now, I must admit I'm not to up on this genre, but from what I DO know, you captured it well. What I found fun was seeing how different it is from the ChrisHarris version. You uphold my theory that a good song is a good song and music is music. Great job!

Whole thing sounded really fine to me, I like it loud and bright. The singing was really alive and tight, damn tight.

Man that was a riot! You did that in 2 days? I'm impressed! Very interesting take on Chris' song. This IS the "cover a Chris Harris song" challenge isn't it? No wait, that's next month!
Nice job dawg!

Twist

Crawdad - your viewpoint interests me and I would like to subscribe to your news letter:D I have to agree, a good song is just good.

Strange thing is there was no guitar solo. That's kinda strange for me but there wasn't anywhere to put 1. It really didn't need one either. The thing takes right off and doesn't stop till it's over. I really had fun doing it.

Hey, this is great! Very cool, kinda reminds of a hardcore version of the "Friends" theme.

I should get in on this cover stuff, but all I can do is play violin and cowbell:(

chrisharris said:
I have no idea what you're talking about. And quit making up quotes that I never posted.

:D :D

Man, what are you smoking??:D LMAO!

Dawg of hang!!!!!!! great rendition!!!!! I'm actually hearing alot of chris's voice in you!!!! (and that's a good thing??):D all these great cover's!!!!!! I don't how you guy's do it! i liked the drum's alot, those are real right??????? please say yes:confused: I'm listening on comp. speakers...so blah blah blah:D

if i hear one more chris harris cover im gonna puke!!!!!!;) :D

Thank's Dawg!!!!!!

Peace

Rick

Back