Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cover Challenge

Thanks

Cover Challenge

Sign in to disable this ad
    Oh man, I don't believe it, I screwed up my own thread!
    Anyway here's a link to my Erland cover. You can read all about it in the Mother Thread.

Song #3

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2427&alid=-1

Thanks
    oops. posted this in the wrong thread. here it is again:

holy twist! man, it takes some balls to cover that song. downloading presently........................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ...................................hey twist, you sing real good! i don't think i've heard you sing before. i like the harmonies. like the sax notes at 1:50 and 2:55. the breath on that sax patch sounds pretty realistic. i also like the tone on the electric in the end.

gotta be honest though, the drums aren't doing it for me.

damn that sax sounds pretty real though.

it's really cool to hear a different version of this song.

Thanks
    I really enhoyed listening to this. Only problem I had was with the tom rolls way off to the left.

Sounded great.

Thanks
    You need to enable download for "all users"....the hi fi stream wont work without doing that for some reason....just a little glitch I guess but that seems to be the only remedy to it.

Thanks

Smile

I couldn't get the lofi to work either.
    I had to download it,my favorite Erland tune!

Beautiful production Mike,the horns were a perfect touch,just great.
    Vocals were sweet,nice harmonies.

Great job,you definitly took this fine tune up a notch!

I really enjoyed it,thanks,
    Pete
    Pete

Thanks
    listening now....

wow great vocals!!...man i did not expect that..;..im not a huge sax fan....but the "sound " of the sax is pretty nice...man he harmonies are perfect....i agree it took guts to cover this....kudos on that !..the drums to me should be a touch louder..but never EVER take any mixing advice from me...lmao...hey cool stop and start in there....nice!..

great job

jamal

[edit]....just so you know every "cover " deserves 5 stars ...if for nothing else than just having the "fortitude" to do one....

..well not that it wouldnt deserve 5 anyway....jeez that probably came out all wrong....*sigh*...

Thanks

Thumbs up

Originally posted by erichenryus
    the breath on that sax patch sounds pretty realistic. i also like the tone on the electric in the end. damn that sax sounds pretty real though.
    mmmmmmm, that is a real sax..

nice job twist.. this song sounds good like this.. the guitar solo isn't too loud imop.. maybe the sax is a hair at the end, but not much.. not crazy about the drums, but I never am.. I don't even like my own.. you did a good version man..

My challenges are obviously going to be late, but hopefully by the weekend I'll have 2 of them done.. I will bump your mother thread when I post them..

Thanks
    hrmm, kind of a ska meets dave matthews band vibe musically..

nice vocals..

i could actually hear DMB doing the song something like this.

Thanks
    Nice work man. Working on the computer is a true pain in the posterior when you start, but I think ultimately (once you get past the learning curve), it's much better AND easier and more predictable.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty decent mix. The vocals are great, and they'd better be, eh? You've got more guts than I do... Hell, I was nervous enough just PLAYING on an Erland tune, lol.

Two things I'd try:
    1. more verb on the sax...it kinda' jumps out a little too much in some places...Sam mentioned the end, I was thinking at the beginning. (btw-that's amazing considering you say you don't really play. I tried to play one once, and everything just sounded like a fart).

2. Bring the drums up and cut some highs on the snare.

Okay, I felt compelled to TRY to get all "mixish" on this since that's what the clinic is for, but mostly, I just enjoyed it, LOL.

I loved the swirling stuff at the end...distorted guits, distorted organ-ish thing...very cool

Thanks
    one of my favorite erland tunes. good job. nice job adding the drums, bass, and sax. the guitars seemed pretty squashed at the beginning. maybe a little more jangle? anywho, sounded great overall.
    *My Karma ran over my Dogma!*

Thread Information