Couple more...

Kelly Holdridge

http://www.mp3.com/high-tide

If you have the time, please download either:

"Ins and Outs" (emphasis on song, not recording, which was done live).

"Ginko Biloba" (our first tracked song, complete with incompleteness).

Ginko needs a complete overhaul, but I put it up to see if the panning is right, and whether the computer bullshit I messed with sounds decent. Ins and Outs (muddy waters) is a southern rocker that will probably never get recorded in the way it should. I'd like to give the author (Danny, the guy in the picture) some feedback on the song lyrics and structure.

I sure appreciate it!

I checked out ins and outs. Hey< I got the impression from the intro that y'all don't just do originals. What other kind of stuff do you guys do when playing live? Anyway, it's cool to here some live music on here once and a while. What was that in the background? Sounded like strings from a keyboard, how many pieces do you guys have? Did you record this on your MD8?...peace....Ray J

Panning on ginko sounded well applied, good sound....good sound on the live one too....the guitar on the live one "Ins and Outs" was nice..the one on ginko sounded slightly out of tune...and wassup with the strings on the live one?....unique approach to southern rock, I must admit....gibs

thanks!

Yeah, sometimes we run w/ 2 keyboards--one for crazy, cheezy, or "Cars"-ish stuff. The other is piano and organ. Usually it's just the cheezy one (lighter and easier to navigate).

I don't know exactly what it is. I'll look and see later on. Heather (Danny's wife) plays the strings on these, I think.

As far as number of pieces in the band, well, for these particiular songs there's Danny Brian Frothy Todd Heather and Myself (6), though I don't come through very well (upright piano across the bar). And the worst tomboriner in the world, Laura (Todd's girlfriend at the time).

Yes, we play our share of covers, bunch of southern rock and outlaw country numbers. "Ins and Outs" is actually the beginning of what is becoming the "Alabama Trilogy" (ins&outs, feel like makin' love, sweet home alabama, all strung together), but you can't post covers on MP3.com. Can you tell it's edited at the end??

The background noise is the Happy Hooker dockside bar in Fort Morgan, AL, which included, among other members, a one-hundred-and-forty-pound basset hound.

There are some good originals we expect to post soon. Look for "Triplet" and "If you loved me (like I love you)" soon.

Yeah, the MD-8. Would have been more tracks (recorded in stereo), but did not have (and could not find) the 8-track MDs in Fort Morgan.

Thanks for listening!

Back