Country/ Country Christian live recordings

Jesus Bare the Cross - I think the recording turned out pretty good. Interesting verb on this (what kind?). That vocalist has a really nice voice - definitely suits the genre. No problems with mix at all IMHO, it sounds direct but still sounds good. Good meter on this considering I can't hear a drummer. Maybe try a mix using mics - more work but might have interesting results. Sounds like you only need a couple of mics for the guitars as the vocals are already mic'd and a direct bass guitar is normally the way to go anyway. Maybe use SM57's ......

That sounds pretty good for live stuff...
You have a straight up 60's country vibe going on there - kind of a Charlie Rich or Conway Twitty kind of thing, or is it Don Williams? I can't quite put my finger on it. Nice sound, though. You know, I am mainly a metalhead, but I was born and raised in South Texas, and this is the kind of stuff my dad used to listen to when I was growing up. If you lived down here, I imagine you would be real popluar, because this is the kind of traditional country music that doesn't die, and it is still played in dance halls all over down here.

I don't know where you live, but if you live near me I would invite you down here to lay down some tracks in my project studio. I think it would be fun to try to recapture some of that traditional, "old school" country vibe.

What is your current recording setup or what gear do you have available?

I figured it out! Listening to Log Truck...
It's Johnny Horton, that's who your voice reminds me of. On Log Truck, it specifically reminds me of the way Johnny Horton sounded on "Johnny Reb".

James C Allen said:
Hi Ya'll
Here are 3 or 4 songs recorded live, all "line in" to a Fender LX-1506 PA head and into N-Track Studio each recorded in 1 track.If you have a minute to grab a listen any advice on setings,equipment,software etc. MUCH appreciated, or any other advice on live recording appreciated.
Thanks guys.....James
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=465930

It's none of my business but I think you wanted B-E-A-R not B-A-R-E in the title of your song.

bare 1 ( bâr) adj. bar·er bar·est 1. Lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked: a bare arm.

bear 1 ( bâr) v. bore ( bôr, b ½r) borne ( bôrn, b ½rn) or born ( bôrn) bear·ing bears v. tr. 1. To hold up; support. 2. To carry on one's person; convey.

Your recordings sounded pretty good to me...especially for being live although I couldn't hear the bass or drums. I agree, the vocalist has a good voice for this genre.

Thanks guys, we don't have state of the art professional equipment lol"
we've tried to capture the old style sound as much as we could.
ido1957, we're not using a drummer, kinda going back to the early days sound if we can....wish we had an old upright bass.....we may try a couple 57s and see what happens....

Back