Cotton Candy

A perfect example of capturing a mood without lyrics. I was right there! A warm sunny day, walking down the midway checkin out the freaks! Very cool Toki!

Twist

Thanks twist,
I`m glad you enjoyed it. i enjoyed doing this little short piece too.. maybe Ill get better at it some day. :)

Great stuff Kenny,
Took me right back to my younger days.

Uh.......a carnival? I almost forgot you're from way down south. Try that HERE!
I put my dog out this afternoon. I had to stand there and watch her because the snow is so deep she can get over the fence pretty easiily. It was pretty cold here last night, so the snow had kind of a crust on top that had softened up during the day. Anyway, she got up on top of that softening crust and squatted to pee.........all of a sudden she just dissappeared!

bd

Ok....what the heck is this?

Sat at my desk and stared at the screen until my eyes glazed over...tried to stay awake. Anticipated that after work smoke with snow melt and asphalt tickling my nose with the window down. Toxic air running through my hair as I experience freedom.....on a Thursday night.

bdbdbuck said:
Anyway, she got up on top of that softening crust and squatted to pee.........all of a sudden she just dissappeared!

LOL!

Toki, nice production. Everything sounds mixed well on my crappy headphones. Was the guitar a loop? It sounds a little repetitive. Good keyboard work. Nice drum and bass sounds.

Re: Ok....what the heck is this?

Originally posted by bdbdbucksKID
Sat at my desk and stared at the screen until my eyes glazed over...

Think this is bad, you should try the cave.

uh.......wait a minute, no man in his right mind would send his daughter to the cave......what the hell's wrong with me?!!!!

:D :D

Hey Toki,
Very cool tune man! This was a fun listen. I agree w/ the above comment regarding this capturing the carnival feel. Makes me wanna go get a candy apple and check out the biggest steer in the world again:D (have you seen that sumbitch?...it was worth the buck:D ). .....great choice of sounds here. I can totally picture a Randy Newman like vocal over this...... Very nice job man! gw/5

scottboyher; thanks for listening, glad you felt something.

bdbdbuck; hehehe yellow snow!! We dont get any kind down here fortunately. I remember being frozen and snowed in over in Fredericksburg one thanksgiving for 4 days with my exwife....I feel for you folks in winter. I felt for me too :) thanks for listening.

bdbdbucksKID; huh? I do that a lot sometimes, myself. People think I`m asleep. lol thanks for stoppin in... :)

Lopp; I thank you. I`m gradually getting a handle on this PC recording thing. that is two guitar parts I did on keyboard and looped them. I need to pick me up a guitar to record with. I can play a little more guitar than I can keyboards, but that aint much :)

powderfinger: I appreciate you, thanks..

B.Sabbath; muchos gracias..... not much time in it, just a lot of heart and soul. maybe one day I`ll have something decent, and not be embarrased to ask one of you hot pickers for some help. i tried mixing the k/s/b with my eyes closed, that helped. :)

bdbdbuck: I didnt know you had one of age to corrupt with music and recording. :)

Guernica; means a lot, glad you felt it, I had Felix from the Rascals on my mind when I was doing it. yep I saw the "Biggest Steer in the world" it would take years to eat it! Newman is a cool thought. I`ll sing something before long. I just think any lyrics along as I play. gw/5? I blush... :)

Jagular; it wasnt much, just a feeling put in a snapshot, Thanks for listening. I appreciate the compliment.

You guys make me feel like keepin on with it when I'm have those second thoughts. Thank You, deeply..

Toki,
It's genetic, I tried to tell her better, but my pleadin' she denied. That leaves only her to blame, cause damnit I tried.

Was that a rip off or what?

bd

bdbdbuck said:
Toki,
It's genetic, I tried to tell her better, but my pleadin' she denied. That leaves only her to blame, cause damnit I tried.

Was that a rip off or what?

bd

LOL you crack me up... did she find the tater? :p

Uh......yeah, but I don't think she partakes....She's got a pretty decent job, and they may insist on samples....don't know for sure. Her brother has been known to partake on occasion though, the apple don't fall too far from the tree.

bd

B.SABBATH said:
cool tune Toke.. nice strong bass drum.. needs some solos..
Damn Straight!

Cool Stuff, really captures the fun of a carnival. I like the choice of instruments (patches).

I appreciate all of you for listening, and respect your comments.
Now Ill let this sink on out and give some room for some killer stuff I been hearing that other folks are doing.

Ken :)

Back