Cotton Candy 2 : with a top on it

Toki987

Rock Steady
As suggested, I am working on doing a vocal track for this tune, I have lyrics now.
In the meantime I tracked some instrument stuff over the top to see what kind of stuff would fit since it was suggested to add some more like solos or something. I got a little carried away and there`s too much, but it was fun puttin it on. When I put the vocal track on I won`t be using all the added instrument tracks.

I enjoy listening and sharing with yall. This like the best open lab in a craftsmanship school, with the most participants that I have ever seen.

Cotton Candy 2
http://web.infoave.net/~kbright/

nice additions.. where are you getting the horns from? pretty good mix.. it will be interesting to hear what the vocals will be doing over this..

this is a very cool song, Toki...i cant wait to see where it goes with the lyrics.....

B.SABBATH said:
nice additions.. where are you getting the horns from? pretty good mix.. it will be interesting to hear what the vocals will be doing over this..

B.Sabbath, the horns are the Sonar onboard VSC "brass ensemble" with a tiny touch of the roland reverb, and a soundfont called Wagner Brass played thru LiveSynth Pro using a touch of fxdelay with the left/right outbound expansion. after tracking them I used volume envelopes to sorta crossfade them with each other a little. They got a little too thick and too loud in the 2nd part, but I was checking to see if I could use them and still get any clarity. The chiff patch is creative 8mg.sf2. I didnt like it that much.
Thanks
Toke

Listened to both B2B and there are some great additions.Not crazy about the horn sounds.A little too fake for my taste.Very interested to hear what kind of vox will go over this.Good recording too_On the verge of getting too busy here and there,but it works.

W.I.S.C. said:
Listened to both B2B and there are some great additions.Not crazy about the horn sounds.A little too fake for my taste.Very interested to hear what kind of vox will go over this.Good recording too_On the verge of getting too busy here and there,but it works.

yep, making midi sound analog is tuff with limited hardware here but I`m stayin after it.Im trying different fonts. I`ll find something maybe. Its way too busy for me too after those additions, Im sure I wont use them all with a vocal. Just expanding on some ideas to see if will work out. thanks man

Hi man...

I think I see where you're going now, and I think vocals will make a nice edition. I don't know ANYTHING about "midi," except that sometimes I think I can hear it, if that makes sense. Like on this, I actually like the ambient stuff that's supposed to sound kinda' "fake," but I can't tell you which sounds they are b/c they don't sound like instruments that I'm familiar with...I KNOW I'M NOT MAKING ANY SENSE...I'm trying to say that the "horns" are a weaker point on this one for my personal taste. I'm assuming some of those sounds are going to be moved aside a bit for the vocal, so I'll say no more about it now, lol.

On the super positive side, I think the snare "font??" (I have no idea if that's the right word) is actually good...maybe it could come up a tad. It's a nice swaying piece, and I like the direction.

-nobody

Pretty good mix.I dont hear a high hat on the drum kit though........where is it man?!LOL.The horn sounds are as midi(cheesy) sounding as they come but you gotta work with what you've got eh?

Good clean recording and a nice groove.

Hey Toki,

I didnt mind the horns that much. Are they midi.....and could you possibly find a better sound? sure... ....but they dont sound too bad. And, they fit the tune.... I really like all of keyboard (piano, organ, etc.) choices. This tune twinkles man:)
g

Wow, the instruments added a whole new dimension to this! I guess that pretty much goes without saying, but I like what you did with it.
Is that a new site?
Noticed the gun links! Good deal......Even my ol buddy Wayne Novak! You ought to see his shop, you wouldn't believe anyone could turn out such quality workmanship from a place that looks like a house from the street.
Anyway, can't wait to hear the lyrics.

bd

Back