Constructive Criticism Welcome...

~Twitch~

Hey

Im new to the homerecording scene, and was hoping to get some constructive criticism for one of my songs.

I dont really know what genre this would be, but all of my songs are different anyway. :) Its kind of a slow beat, with an almost relaxing feel to it. The guitar is really simple. I felt it needed to stay simple to keep from taking away from the other instruments(which there are many). The guitar is the only recorded instrument, everything else is synthetic(vst, keyboard, etc).

Instruments to listen for:

Acoustic Guitar
Drums
Piano
Cello
Violin
Harp
Shamisen

Anyways.....

Here's the link

No Goodbyes Lullaby

Question: I only have legal rights to this and a couple other songs of mine. Would it be safe to post the ones I dont have legal rights to yet?

I tried a couple of times to get the file, but it just sat there. :confused:
Can you put it up at a place like Nowhere Radio, or soundclick?

Ok, sorry....

I tried downloading it to test, and it did the same thing to me. I'll try uploading it somewhere else and post the new link.

Thanks

~Twitch~ said:
Hey

Question: I only have legal rights to this and a couple other songs of mine. Would it be safe to post the ones I dont have legal rights to yet?
You are always at risk, anytime something isn't copyrighted.

I'll be back in a bit to have a listen to your tune. :)

Is the filefront link working now?

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback guys!

Ive got the song posted on Soundclick now --> No Goodbyes Lullaby
I dont like the fact that I have to lower the bit rate to 128 to upload to Soundclick(for free), but it is quicker to up load to than filefront.

Which do you guys recommend for my next 2-3 songs. (Filefront vs Soundclick)

Once again,
-Thanks

I like the song. Good atmosphere, nice background music.

I first took a listen at Soundclick. Thought I heard a little extra noise underneath the music but at the lower bit rate I couldn't quite make out what it was. However since I liked the song I went ahead and downloaded the 224K version from Filefront. With this one I could distinctly hear a bit of crackly distortion low in the mix during portions of the song.

The tune is nice, and the instruments seem well mixed - I think you might want to focus on cleaning up the excess noise a bit. With this type of music an extremely clean sounding recording is going to be extra important.

I'm not sure which server is better, as they both have advantages. Soundclick is lower resolution, but allows you to instantly hear the song, rather than waiting for a download. Some people may prefer this if they just want to listen but don't want to devote their own hard drive space to something still unknown. But for a person who decides they like your music and wants to add it to their library as a higher res MP3, the other one is certainly better. Maybe you want to post your stuff in both places, or find yet another server that can give you the best of both worlds. Jus make sure that whatever you ultimately decide on is reliable. If someone happens across one of your tunes and tries to listen, but the link or host doesn't work, the chances are probably slim that they're going to come back and try again later.

Good Luck!

JeffLancaster wrote:
...I could distinctly hear a bit of crackly distortion low in the mix during portions of the song.
This is actually intentional. If you read the extended description on Soundclick, Click Here , you'll see that I was trying to get the whole vinyl record sound.

Thanks for all the advice though. I think I will post on both, for people who want to download the better version.

-Thanks

That is a cool melody....You have an awesome arrangement!!

I would love to hear this performed live with a real 0rchestra backing! :cool:

Back