Congested, pissing me off

Top Jimmy

I would like to listen to more music here at the Mixing Clinic, but i have been having problems.

I open the song and my Real Player opens up, it starts to play the song after it loads , then every 10 or 15 seconds it stops and say"Buffering, Net Congestion". Then its starts playing again. What's up with that?

I have the windows multimedia player downloaded, but the Real Player is what automatically opens. Can I get rid of the Real Player so the Windows Player comes up instead?

Any suggestions would be nice

Top Jimmy,

Which version of Windows Media Player are you using.. Actually that doesn't matter. Open up Windows Media Player and look under options or preferences... then look for something like "File Types". You need to set the association between MP3's, M3U's, etc. within Windows Media Player so that it will open up instead of Real Player... Keep your Real Player though because I think .ra files will only play through Real Player... but most of use folks here are encode to MP3, so Media Player should be a goodie.

Hope I helped,
Teddie
http://mp3.com/smartapple

Thanks Teddie,

I did want you told me and found the setting. So I clicked on your mp3 and my Windows Player came up. It loaeded your mp3 and then said:

"Unable to acess this media, you may not be connected to the network"

Anymore suggestions? I feel lilke an idiot

Joe

Thanks kids,

Got winamp

Axed Media player

So far it works great, I have to select the "low-fi" option to work correctly but thats ok. At least I can listen.

Back