Confortably numb second solo

Man, I bet I've played that 500 times in my life, but I probably haven't actually listened to it since the early 90's. I just realized I've been playing part of it wrong...lol.

I could be wrong, but something @ 1:30 sounded just every so slightly off (flat or sharp, not sure), but I wouldn't listen to me right now b/c I'm slightly jaded by the embarrassment of realizing that I've been playing this wrong...lol.

Nice playing!!! If you're trying to capture Gilmour, you might want to try single coil pickups in the "in between" position. This sounds a little too much like modern metal to be Gilmour. But I don't know if that's what you're going for. Again, very nice playing!!

Thanks for the comments. Good call Syd, that's a carvin humbucker going wide open. I'll re-do it sometime with a single coil notch setting like you describe. Honestly, I had to play that lead a whole bunch of times before that one came out. Drove my familty nuts for a day or two. ;)

-Robert

Awesome guitar tone, I wouldn't change a thing... except make it longer!.. It's way too short....:)
I guess you were just doing the solo....
"Comfortably Numb" and "Time" are my two favorite Floyd songs, and you did this one justice...
I got a Carvin humbucker on one of my guitars, for the sound you cant beat the price on them bad boys.....
Great job dude....

:)

Duh... if I'd read the thread title I wouldn't have mentioned the Length and solo thing....LOL

Although I still would of loved to hear more....

:)

Back