Concept for a new song

Halion

Here's a concept for a new song I'm writing. It's got bass, couple of acoustical guitar tracks (nylon string, didn't want to bother borrowing a steelstring from a friend, and I'm pretty pleased with this sound as it is), percussion, some samples and some subliminal tracks.

I'd like any comments on the music aspect (guitars and bass are played by me, the rest is samples) aswell as on the mixing aspect :)

Here it is:

Ok mates, sorry that I have to triple-post, but I think I deserve at least one constructive feedback reply ;)

Very nice, Halion. Clean and natural. I like the groove...the feel that the percussion gives. The bass, although well played, didn't come through as clearly as I wanted...I could tell some wicked playing was going on underneath, but I couldn't hear it that well.

It's a real good start though. Post up when you've followed through w/ it.

K-

I agree with K-dub....I think we need to hear a little more bass. Love the samples of the water and the cricket. makes me feel like im campin'

great work overall!!

Tx :) Last time I posted something I got many "too much bass" replies, hahah, so I turned it down. Guess it's back up :)

Good stuff man. Brilliant vibe to it. Nice touch with the water running. Felt like i was actually in the jungle for 56 seconds! On a down note, the bass sound aint too great in my case. Would be good with a real thick warm bass sound rather than a kinda farting bass sound. I know, a double bass would be brilliant. You know the ones that look like cellos almost. Bass sounds totally DI'ed. Great drum sample the loud low one. Fruity Loops?

Fruity? That's for amateurs ;) It's actually some kind of exotic eastern drum with some verb.

The bass is indeed totally DI'ed, that's the way I like to though ;) I like that kind of tone. I can probably get a sound alot more like an upright with other finger-style, pickup selection and micing the cab. I'll try that soon.

Back