completed collaboration

Pretty good groove going on there Tom.The slide guitar sounds just a tad flat.These are fun tunes to play in the clubs.Everybody gets a chance to solo at least twice.LOL....cool vibe and a decent mix.

Hi guys.
Thanks a lot for listening!
The lineup is me on lyrics,vox,bass,slide and guitar fills.
My brother Mark on Rhodes.
Jeff Lear on rhythm guitar.
Vaughan Bean on drums
PowerPop on the first chorus solo.
Sergio on the 5th chorus solo.

Me,my brother and the drummer all live in Ft Worth Tx.
Jeff is in North Carolina.
PowerPop is in London.
Sergio is in Miami.
We exchanged .wma files at 120kbps.I use nuendo on an anthlon 1700 w/win98se.Everything is real instruments,except I used drumagog to sample-replace the kick and snare.

Nice job! I think the mix is nice. All in all I like it a lot.

If I were asked to change a few things it would be a couple of the lead guit. phrases around :32 and :54. A couple of the phrases could have been replaced. On the first one you bend the final resolve note sharp, the second one hits an avoid note.

You obviously have chops, I love your phrasing, it' perfect! I just think you're better than what I'm hearing. With home recording we don't have to be studio quality musicians, just patient ones. Let me just add that I'm really tuff on intonation; it just grabs me for some reason.

You asked for feedback on the performance also so I'm being honest.

Joe

Hey Tom,
COOL collab!!! Lotsa folks in this one.... A Party! :) I really dig these types of collabs... ...it all just seems so loose ...like a jam ...as it should. Very Nice work....and a big thumbs up to everyone involved for being involved.

btw: Is there an advantage in exchanging wma files? ...just curious, cause i dont know.
gw/5starsforagreatcollab :)

Smokepole
Thanks for the critique!Much appreciated.

Guernica
.mp3 adds a few milliseconds of silence at the start. But the .wma format can be re-converted back to a .wav file and it alligns perfectly with your other tracks.
Other than the timing issue, .wma sounds better than does .mp3 at the same bitrate.I can use a lower bitrate for easier file transfers (some of us are still on dialup!) before the swirly highs get too objectionable.

..Im on dial-up too brother... I feel your pain:D

....What do you use to convert your wav files to wma?

g

Guernica
I use Windows Media Encoder to do the conversion from .wav to .wma because it lets you do tags.For re-conversion back to .wav from .wma, I use dBpoweramp.Both are free utilities that are very useful to have.

Back