Comments on my mix, please?

Multiaudun

Here's a song I mixed about a year ago.

It was recorded to cakewalk sonar 4, every track at 16bit, 44.1kHz using a focusright platinum pre/ad then output using an apogee da16 to a soundcraft ghost desk. I had a multiband compressor whose name I forgot across the mix bus, then recorded it back in through a dat recorder

Everything is miced using oktava mk012 condensers, besides the vocals which is a u87.

most of the drum kit is synth/samples, but most of the cymbals were recorded live.

It's now been a year since I did this, and I feel that I need some feedback.

I think the guitars are a bit too bright, and possibly a bit too loud. Anything else that needs changing?

I'm aware that the kick drums might be a bit too clicky, but it's sort of the genre of music isn't it?

here it is: home.no.net/amelbye/redeploy.mp3

That sounds great what I hear. It really fits the style of music well. The kick sounds great, its supposed to be clicky like that. Just turn down the guitars a tad..but personally I think they sound great loud. Just turn them down so you can still hear the drums a little more.

Other than that..great job! 100x better than I could do. :[

NICE job on this mix, sounds great!!! Yea maybe just turn down the guitars a tiny bit, other than that its awesome.

wow this sounds cool!...guitars are a little bit forward...but it sounds so clean compared to alot of the other mixes in this genre of music! good job..

james

Back