Comments on initial mix and/or production.

Gveto

Greetings. This is my first post here, though I have been gathering much information for a while from these pages. I hope this is the beginning and a beautiful relationship. :)

Anyway, the recording in question is posted below. I'm looking for comments regarding the mix at this point (which is not final by any means) and regarding the use of sitar around 1:20. As it stands now, I haven't done much to it, but the attack is how I want it. It's how to end it before the chord changes. Right now it sounds out of place, but gives an idea as to the ultimate goal. What do you think? Is this simply out of place? Or, how would you implement it to add texture?

Oh, the bass will most certainly be retracked. I'm having quite a time getting a nice sound out of my acoustic bass when it's plugged in. Miking such an instrument is not very straightforward though. Me thinks a combination of the two in in order. But, that is the topic of another thread. Thanks for listening!

Howdy.

Bass didn't bother me, and I think the Sitar effect cuts out way to quick. Can you make it fade out a bit slower, or add some reverb to the tail end? This track would take off with some good drums, that's the only thing holding it back right now.

Small add: Could you add the Sitar effect behind your voice when you finish the lines with ... aieee eeeaiieeyyee aiii. Just something suttle and pushed back so that the sitar is more a part of the song and doesn't just jump out at odd or preconceived moments? I think that would help build the introduction of the instrument and add to the track overall.

blah blah, me talk too much.

take care.

I'm sensing some "if you don't anything nice to say..." going on here?

Last time I'll bump it; could use some comments to improve!

Back