Collab with Jimi

Bulls Hit

Jimistone added a bluesy guitar jam to the original sequenced riff. It's quite a juxtaposition of tones but it works really well. I'm tying to blend the two, so any opinions on the levels..?

Thanks again to Jimi for stepping up and rockin it :guitar: :D

**Edit** mix tweaked as per suggestions

Dropbox - WarningJimiMix2.mp3 - Simplify your life

Last edited:
Hey Bulls Hit...
i saw that you posted this earlier but I just now got a chance to check it out.
I think the mix is well balanced. You nailed it on that trippy section ....total change in space but still a good mix.
It was a blast to collaborate on this.
Excellent job man!

I've actually just tweaked it, pulled the synth back a wee bit to make more space..

Yeah I had a ton of fun cutting & splicing your jam. Let's do it again... :D

That was pretty wild.

Nice bluesy tone Jimi.

The pulsing synths sound very good.

I'd recommend just a couple of things...

I'd clean up some low end on the bass and kick. It gets kind of rumbly in the low end.

Then, it's compressed really hard. I don't know if you have a limiter squashing it or if the parts are compressed hard. But every part is really loud.

I like what you're going for here.

I'm having a lot of trouble following the rhythm tho. The various echoey and bouncy noises on the synths make everything sound a little out-of-time.
Some blues guitar on top of a bulls loud 'n' dirty synth jam is a good combination tho!

That was pretty wild.

Nice bluesy tone Jimi.

The pulsing synths sound very good.

I'd recommend just a couple of things...

I'd clean up some low end on the bass and kick. It gets kind of rumbly in the low end.

Then, it's compressed really hard. I don't know if you have a limiter squashing it or if the parts are compressed hard. But every part is really loud.

The drums are parallel compressed and the parallel track is faded in and out of various parts for a pumping effect.
As for the rest, I had to turn all my tracks up to be heard over Jimi's amp :D
Thanks for the review Trip

I like what you're going for here.

I'm having a lot of trouble following the rhythm tho. The various echoey and bouncy noises on the synths make everything sound a little out-of-time.
Some blues guitar on top of a bulls loud 'n' dirty synth jam is a good combination tho!

Yeah the sequencer isn't locked to a grid or anything (I don't actually have a grid), and the timing on the drums wobbles around a bit so they do get out of sync from time to time, but it adds to the sense of chaos. I just call it tension haha. Cheers Steve

Dig it, man. Listening on headphones while on the road for work. Listened to it a few times, got better each one. Wouldn’t mind the drums up a bit to cement the rhythm. Synths kind of overpower a bit on my headphones. Guitar sounds great. Awesome to hear you again.

Take care brother,

Gary

Great tune! The intro was cool but didn't fit with the beginning of the song IMO.

Love the sound of the drums except the snare, it almost disappears when the lead guitar comes in. Friggin Jimi, that guitar does sound sweet in your hands!

Nice job,
Timbo

Dig it, man. Listening on headphones while on the road for work. Listened to it a few times, got better each one. Wouldn’t mind the drums up a bit to cement the rhythm. Synths kind of overpower a bit on my headphones. Guitar sounds great. Awesome to hear you again.

Take care brother,

Gary

Thanks for the great feedback Gary. You're right, I've pulled the synths back, I'll check those drums again. Cheers dude

Great tune! The intro was cool but didn't fit with the beginning of the song IMO.

Love the sound of the drums except the snare, it almost disappears when the lead guitar comes in. Friggin Jimi, that guitar does sound sweet in your hands!

Nice job,
Timbo

No one seems to like that intro. But I can't let it go, it has to set the stage. I hear you on the snare, I've tried to make some amends.

Yeah Jimi gets that tone, hopefully he'll bring it back to one of my jams

Back