Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coldplay cover - Take 2

Thanks

Coldplay cover - Take 2

Sign in to disable this ad
    I've posted my cover of Coldplay's clock in the clinic about six months ago and most of the comments I got were about the vocals. So I did them all over, mixed the whole thing again and I'm really happy with the result.

I'm curious about you guy's opinions.
    Do I still sound so Jamal-isch?

http://users.skynet.be/fa260404/Koen/clock.mp3

Thanks

Thumbs up

Man I love that tune!!!

Absolutely first rate cover job!!

I'll have to listen more before critique.

Be back later.

GT

Thanks
    you did a tite job, it rules. haha

as for the things i don't like as much, or aren't like the original..

too much reverb on the vox, a lot too much i think. some tonation problems here and there, but it's cool (some of those "high voice" notes.. haha).

i wish it was real drums, cuz that ride cymbal drives me crazy it sounds so fake. haha.

snare is aight though.

bass sounds great, nice tone i think.

the rest of your vox are tite, i like your voice.

ummmmm i think thats it. haha.
    Scott Solo

Thanks
    Damn Jamal, nice job!! lol.

I like all the vocals except a couple of the falsetto parts where they stray off pitch.

That bass sounds so freaking perfect, I gotta' ask...is it a real bass? Can you make my bass tracks sound like that? Please?

Thanks

Nice

I love that song as well.....can you do "The Scientist" ??

Thanks for the listen!
    Scott

Thanks

im not really a Coldplay fan but it sounds

like your cover is pretty accurate. My only real nitpick would be the (falsetto?) vocal parts. They need to be touched up or possibly retracked in my opinion.
    I should read other post first lol, i see this has already been covered. Good job man

Thanks
    Thank you all for listening and commenting. I'll be posting an improved version here next week.

GT - Thanks! It žs a great tune.

Shackrock - The original has a lot of reverb on the vox too. However I took all the reverb away from the second voice so now the harmonies will sound way better. You're right about that ride cymbal too. I never noticed it myself untill you said it (so thanks a lot...). I'm gonna play with the drums a little more. I don't know if you're familiar with Fruity Loops, but I forgot to let the ride cymbal 'cut itself'. The improved version I'll post next week or so should sound a lot better haha.

Chrisharris - Yeah I know the falsetto parts are sang out of tune. I just couldn't get them right so after about four takes I basically gave up. Gonna try some more though. I know they bring the whole vocal part down.
    The bass is a real one, wich I play it through a V-amp 2.

acidbath - I don't think I can do the Scientist actually since I only started playing piano and keys some monts ago. I had a hard enough time trying to pull this one of.

Wireneck - Yeah I like to stay as close as possible to the original. The funny thing is I wasn't a huge Coldplay fan either. I justed wanted to do a cover with a lot of piano and keys cuz I bought this midi board some moths ago and I'm learning how to play it. They've really grown on me and I do like them now.
    As for those falsetto parts, I'm afraid retracking is the only option.

Thanks y'all !

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    ....a guy named LayneStaley doing a Coldplay cover, .....I had to check this out .

Very Nice man!!!! Very solid recording. Im listening on the puter here at work, so my read on the verb might be a little off, ..but it sounds fine here. I agree about the bass, very nice tone man.... ..full and meaty. The slight intonation probs with the falsetto have been mentioned. One thing that i liked about your version is the slight grittiness in your vocs. A nice "real life" contrast in the tune.
    I really liked this'n man.

gw/5

Thanks
    I'm with G.

But please watch that intonation and the phrasing (I mean, why do you stop singing in the middle of a note? Out of breath?) during the falsetto's man! The rest of the vocals are fine. The rest of the track is fine. It's just those falsetto's.
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks

Talking

Guernica - Thanks man! This is the first time anyone has ever given me any stars, woohoo!

Pedullist - I will be retracking those falsetto parts, they're bothering me too. Also the "..home, where I wanted to go.."part needs to be done all over. I don't know what you're talking about when you say I stop singing in the middle of a note though..

Any comments on the mix perhaps?

Thread Information