Clips from album. Please review.

Peter Lancaster

Here are some clips of tracks from my band's debut album. I'd really value your opinion on them. I want to try and make the next album (due to start recording mid 2005) better, but I need to know where I'm going wrong so that I can fix it next time.

Mexico
On The Edge
Snow Angels
Nashville
Turning Circles

Most of it was recorded in my home studio. I played bass on all the tracks as well as the occasional bit of guitar and keyboards. If you like Barenaked Ladies or Beautiful South you'll like our stuff.

We're already getting regular plays on the most listened to commercial radio station in our part of the UK. One of the DJ's even came to us to ask for his copy of the album after hearing his colleagues playing tracks from it. KSYM in San Antonio, Texas have requested a copy of the album because they want to play tracks from it as have a station in New York. So we're off to a good start.

For those of you in the UK/Europe the album is available to buy from our website for £10 including postage and packing. If you are in the USA or Canada you can buy it from CD Baby for a special reduced price of just $10.

If you don't trust the internet for buying things then you can PM me and I will sort something out with you.

I will be happy to share with you any information I can about how the songs were recorded in as much detail as you'd like.

Pete.

I'm listening on headphones. (late at night here in Oz)

Nice arrangement for the songs

Mexico - More reverb on the drums, snare in particular, good cymbal sound, nice clear vocals, something about the acoustic guitar sounds kinda hollow

On The Edge - Dont like the snare sound, sounds like wrong reverb, snare needs more of a rounded sound less harsh, great vocals again, tight bass line, acoustic a tad loud, maybe pan or double the chorus electric to give it more space

Musically very nice sounding songs. Tight band.

Well Done

Tukkis :)

Back