Classic Rock inspired tune

BRIEFCASEMANX

Winner chicken dinner!
Uh oh!

It's me again running wild in the mp3 forum! This time I got bored and attempted making a sort of classic rock-esque song. I am trying to practice and get as much feedback with mixing as possible before I record my friends band in a few weeks. I am not a guitar player so the guitar track is played sloppily and is very untalented/repetitive. I only included one "part" of the song that I am mostly finished with. What I have in mind for the other couple parts shouldn't be hard to mix. Mixing suggestions plz.

PS. Check out "My Secret Dolphin(TM)" lamp I have on my monitor!

ELECTRICITY_DOLPHIN_2.JPG

Last edited:
Liked the vocals. Barry White meets Leon Redbone? Very party happy rocker. Sounds like it will be a cool tune when done.
Ed

Some very weird song construction here; weird in a good way. This song could go a lot of different directions. I like your initial cut.

Cool vocal but it seems to be buried in the middle of the mix. Could be that bass or synth bass that's obscuring it, maybe just bring up the volume for a start and see if that helps.

Phyl said:
Some very weird song construction here; weird in a good way. This song could go a lot of different directions. I like your initial cut.

Cool vocal but it seems to be buried in the middle of the mix. Could be that bass or synth bass that's obscuring it, maybe just bring up the volume for a start and see if that helps.

I think it was the synthbass AND guitars. Both had an EQ bump at a little above 1k about 1dB. I flattened all those and took out some of the bass at around 700 since it seemed like the high on the vocals were getting through but not the meat and that helped a little. I like the vocals to be buried somewhat though, I like a more music driven mix.

Any more comments? I really suck at mixing background vocals :(

I don't know shit about mixing vocals, or for that matter tracking them; everything I write is instrumental.

Some of the guys on this board can listen to a track and give you specific advice as far as freqs, cut here, boost there, etc.

Try posting over at http://recordingproject.com/bbs in the Listening Forum as well.

Back