classic hard rock tune

Hmmm...

It's a cool tune--and I bet it would be at it's actual speed too.

How much did you accelerate it after it was recorded? :rolleyes:

No offense intended--but I call bullshit.

It's not just the guitar. Listen to the voice--is that you? It sounds like a 9 year old Geddy Lee after a bowlful of amphetamines!

Have you listened to the file from the site where you posted it? Maybe the upload/download process has wrought something funky w/your song, but I'm telling 'ya, something ain't right with that mp3.

But I think (as much as I can tell) I'd like the song. I'd like to hear it at normal speed.

If this is a joke, I don't get it. If it's not a joke, then maybe you should listen to your uploads before you post it.

No offense intended--but I call bullshit.

It's not just the guitar. Listen to the voice--is that you? It sounds like a 9 year old Geddy Lee after a bowlful of amphetamines!

Have you listened to the file from the site where you posted it? Maybe the upload/download process has wrought something funky w/your song, but I'm telling 'ya, something ain't right with that mp3.

But I think (as much as I can tell) I'd like the song. I'd like to hear it at normal speed.

It plays just fine on my computer. The file is 192kbps 32khz so maybe it's playing at the wrong sample rate on your player.
The song really rocks! The vocals sound just like Gil Moore of Triumph.

I looked up shredder in the dictionary and saw this guys picture. How does the drummer play that fast, too. If this is a straight recording, you need to go on tour, Joey.:)

Lol. I DL'd it, and it plays fine now. That site is speeding it way up.

Pretty good song. Very good recording. No nits from me. :)

joeym--

you've got to go to the page and listen from the web page without downloading. 1) You'll see what we were talking about 2) You might have a good laugh hearing what you sound like as a chipmunk. :D

Even at "double time" it sounded good. After downloading it and listening locally--it really does sound good. Great playing & singing. Great recording too.

joeym--

you've got to go to the page and listen from the web page without downloading. 1) You'll see what we were talking about

I still don't know what you are talking about.:confused: It plays perfectly fine from the web page exactly the same as downloading it. You guys must have something weird going on with your computers.

I still don't know what you are talking about.:confused: It plays perfectly fine from the web page exactly the same as downloading it. You guys must have something weird going on with your computers.

Mac w/Safari. How 'bout you Greg_L? Just tried it in Firefox. Same thing there (as in double time).

But wait a minute--my first post was from work. PC with IE7.

How's this thing playing right for some and consistently wrong for others. FWIW, i downloaded--I've now it heard it correct as well.

AHHAHHAHA! That really sounds funny! Just call me Alvin! :D

I only listened to the song on the site, that's why I didn't know what was going on! Chris must have overlooked something when he uploaded it. But now I've heard of others who had the same problem....sorry guys, it wasn't intentional. But I'm glad you can still hear it at normal speed on the site!

Cheers

I looked up shredder in the dictionary and saw this guys picture. How does the drummer play that fast, too. If this is a straight recording, you need to go on tour, Joey.:)

Hey Xeries! Thanks for the comment...the drummer's name is Battery 2!
As for touring...hmmm, this was an online cooperation thing and Chris lives a couple of hundred miles from me so I don't know. Would sure be fun to get a band together though. We enjoyed it so much, we're gonna do more stuff together. ;)

Come on - own up - it's an old Ronnie James Dio track with an ICE cranked speed freak on guitar.
The drums sound like a hammer drill hitting a cabbage.
I should download it but don't know if I could take it seriously enough after hearing the sCreamer - oops streamer.

Come on - own up - it's an old Ronnie James Dio track with an ICE cranked speed freak on guitar.
The drums sound like a hammer drill hitting a cabbage.
I should download it but don't know if I could take it seriously enough after hearing the sCreamer - oops streamer.

yup, RJD happens to be one of my all-time hereos, but no it's not one of his songs....and I assure you Chris sounds just as good when he's playing slow stuff. Yeah, the drums micht sound a little too machine like, but what the hell...So whether you take it seriously or not Ray, is entirely up to you. All I know is we had a lot of fun doing it.....!

I couldn't get into RJD, after Ozzie there could be no other.
I was, of course, referring to the speedy version!.

Oh MAN!!! does that take me back to the eighties and make me feel my age! I think your vocals are Excellent, with a capital 'E' and harmonies(by another voice, right?) were perfectly fluent. Now for the bad news....drum machine or online program sucks. Song is a C+, but for the production I would give a strong A.

I couldn't get into RJD, after Ozzie there could be no other.
I was, of course, referring to the speedy version!.

Hey Ray, I wasn't offended by your comments....afterwards, it dawned to me that you were referring to the speedy version....I laugh at it myself when I hear it! But really it wasn't intentional. Funny thing is, on some computers it plays fine, on others it doesn't. Could it have something to do with the sample rate of a particular sound card, maybe? I know what you mean with Ozzie....although I am of the opinion that Ozzie actually doesn't sing too well, he still had his own particular style. And the thing that fascinates me with Sabbath is they were actually no special musicians, but managed to create a special kind of sound....they definitely remain my gods of metal!

Oh MAN!!! does that take me back to the eighties and make me feel my age! I think your vocals are Excellent, with a capital 'E' and harmonies(by another voice, right?) were perfectly fluent. Now for the bad news....drum machine or online program sucks. Song is a C+, but for the production I would give a strong A.

Yeah, Seeker, it does bring back memories of long hair-sprayed hair and shiny stage clothes! It's not exactly what I'm into right now, but we did it for fun....and yes I do feel older! Thanks for the comment on the voice. I do all the harmonies too for my songs. I find it really fun doing one harmony after the other until they sound nice and full. Drums...yeah a bit machine-like. Guess nothing beats a real drummer for this kind of music!

Cheers
Joe

Back