Christian song "Surviving the Storm" Thanks for input

JerryD

I wrote this song after listening to a sermon a couple of weeks ago called "Surviving the Storm". It inspired me since I know a lot of people who have been hurt in life. So I wrote this for anyone who needs inspiration in bad times and for my family and friends...I took some things from the sermon and made them into lyrics.

Any input on lyrics, sounds, or whatever is appriciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
vocal is clear, open and airy. occasionally there's a little brittleness that pops in that i'm assuming is the upper mid freq boost inherent to your large diaphragm condenser (most LDCs are doing this these days, including mine). it could use some warming up, but the vocal sounds basically good.
the acoustic guitar seems to fade in and out--at times it vanishes entirely. at first i wanted to say, "the guitar needs more shimmer," but when the guitar is audible, the tone seems fine. perhaps just boost the level a bit during the vocal parts, and add a touch of reverb on the guitar track?

and the piano notes that are following the vocal melody are too close in level to the vocal itself. i think it would work better blended lower to complement rather than drive the melody. if you pull back a bit on the piano, the guitar may even rise to the surface without having to boost it.

as a whole, every track sounds clear and clean but lacking depth. believe me, i'm not trying to assault you as if i'm some master recordist, because i'm definitely not. just trying to offer you a dispassionate, non-partisan set of ears. hope this helps...:)

Cool. Thanks. No I'm very open to critisim.

I'm pretty new to the recording thing and a mediocre musician but hey I'm haing fun.

Thanks for the tips.

Cool song. :) Good to see some Christian songs around here.

Since the piano and vox mirror each other panning them 10% to opposite sides might sound cool.

Maybe also adding some more verb to the piano and lowering like was suggested might also sound cool.

Back