The Chris Harris Radio Interview

Great Interview Chris.Too bad it had to be under these circumstances.You're a natural for radio man.

Great interview Chris!! And BIG PROPS to you for plugging our very own DavidK. He's deserved, and you did it very nicely. TOP NOTCH BROTHER!! (I mean it!! Sometimes I can come off as an ass in the threads... ..partly because I have the tendency to be one.. ...I'm really sick of this winter here in New England...lol) That's what it' all about. Best of luck with where ever this may go from here!

<Keeping my fingers crossed for you>

....Martin huh... grrrrrrrrr.... ...one of these days:p

Great interview! Chris was so articulate and brought up all the right stuff. I guess the wonderful songwriting is just a reflection of a bright human being and a compassionate one.

DavidK--thanks for posting this 'cause I was dying to hear it.

LOL!!! I just heard it myself (because of this thread). Totally missed the airing of it, so life goal #411 (i.e., hearing one of my tunes on the radio) has yet to be fulfilled.

David, thanks for posting this. I swear the GOD, the phrase "uniquely gifted" was uttered by me when describing your talent, but it was edited out. I should add that they edited out the portion where I said this was a co-write with 'dres,' probably because I couldn't remember his REAL name, and I pronounce his screenname like the word "dress," so it probably didn't sound right...LOL. I wrote this with 'dres' on homerecording.com comes out like I wrote this with a dress on.......That wouldn't fly too well around these parts, lol.

...and you have no idea how hard I worked to incorporate "Jamal Buchet" into the conversation...lol. edited.

I hope mixmkr notices that I used one of his quotes from this BBS almost verbatim...of course, it was in a thread I deleted, so I'll deny it. :D :D

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, guys...I thought I sounded like a flippant dork, but that's me. Unless somebody calls me a flaming homosexual in this thread, I'm probably not gonna' keep it going...probably the biggest ego-boost a guy could have, though...so thanks.

chrisharris said:
. I swear the GOD, the phrase "uniquely gifted" was uttered by me when describing your talent, but it was edited out
Those !%@^^#& just earned a Cleveland Steamer:D

Seriously, you handled yourself like a true pro. I will have to call Heidi and tell her to listen (she never checks email).

Since it was my brilliant idea to contact NPR, here is another:
Contact every Npr station in Texas, give them the link, and ask them to run the interview. This is obviously perfect for TX, especially the Houston stations. Also, have some friends ( You know, your flaming hom... :D friends call the Waco station and ask them to replay the interview.

Well done, my friend. As Kramer stated, you are a natural for this kind of stuff. Dave

P.S. I like the Texas accent! Just enough of a twang that we know you are a Texan, but extremely articulate ( As you know, this Boston-Born Yankee lived in Foat Woth for 3 years. Jesus H. Christ, what the Hell is Chicken-fried Chicken?)

Very nice. You deserve recognition for your efforts. I'm very happy for you and also very impressed by the class you showed.

Joe

Chris.. kudos to ya kid. Great job... and thanks David for catching the interview and posting a link.

This kind of stuff is what makes "it" worth it...to me. I hope you are able to get a copy of the song to the parents. That would be a nice gesture.

Very nice interview Chris. You actually have a good radio voice. I recorded the stream for posterity. Another addition (not of the usual sort) to the keepers folder.

Great job on the interview & the song man.

ya did a sincere and honorable thing, you receive a sincere and honorable report. Funny how it works that way, very proud for ya fella. Your a good man.

Back