Chilled Instrumental Mix Help

chamelious

www.thesunexplodes.com
I've just started using reaper and have for the first time actually started mixing music rather than just recording and hitting export. This track is for my girlfriends website, she wanted me to record this guitar thing she heard me playing as background music, with some other suff added. Its called "Apricot Lane", you can listen at:

http://www.myspace.com/thenightmareplan

I know the quality through myspace isnt great, but the final thing will be streamed on a website so this is probably a good thing.

Any all and all comments appreciated!

That is very chill indeed. Nice groove. Good mix. One criticism though, are the guitar chords supposed to be kind of lazy and behind the beat? Otherwise, I like it.

Thanks, if you mean the electric guitar chords, then yes thats just one guitar with a ping pong delay, should be bouncing between the speakers, maybe myspace is converting it to mono.

This piece sounds very good, it's not extremely chilled though, the drums are pretty hard hitting. It's got kind of a Dido-y triphop vibe.

You could spin it out a lot longer by adding some synth-strings...

My main criticism is that websites that have background music are super annoying. But the tune turned out good.

Thanks dude, and yeah i'll make sure the option is added to turn the music off, it'll be played through an embedded player.

No thoughts mix wise?

Back