Cheers guys... my first song posted in the clinic.

James Argo

Fancy Rock N' Roll
Well, it's my second song posted in NWR, after loooong looong time had a trouble with my ISP. Glad to finally I can make it here. Thank's WALDO. This song is actualy not completely done. As I still work on guitar tracking (Electric & acoustic), and the Lead Vocals here is actually the guide track. I know I'm gonna re-take the lead vox and remix a bit. However, I'll be very glad & thankfull for your comments.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2602&alid=-1

Thank's
:D :D :D
Jaymz

This is pretty impressive james.No sugar coating at all man,this is really good.Im sure you will get some great mix advice from people who are more qualified than I am....the whole mix seems to be on the verge of being too hot.......sounds like it's almost distorting.....there seems to be a little too much energy in the mid to lower mid-range....I think it's coming from the synth bass(is that what that is?)....I've listened on Headphones and speakers and Im still getting the same thing.

The song itself is really good.The vocals are super.This has an 80's kind of twist to it.(Thats a good thing).....very melodic pop tune dude.You should get out of the cave and post more of your music!;)

Really Good Job james.

Kramer

Thanks Kramer. You're right, it's synth bass that muds the low mid freq. I use Waves Maxx Bass in the mix too much, seems like I have to tweak it again. I "mastered" :D the mix in Cool Edit Pro 2 and just apply the Waves L1 Ultra maximizer. Pick one of the preset and voila... You know, it's halfway done since I tend to re-take the lead vox track & add a bit of guitars feel here and there. I'll mix it again more serious. I shoulda outa cave to do smarter job indeed :D Thank's Kramer...

Anyone ? ;)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

NowhereRadio.com is down!!!! Damn it! :mad:

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/index.php on line 7

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

Don't die Clementine.

I wont die Jaymz. Nice song. Lucky me I have downloaded it. Who is "Clementine" here, James ?

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' because this song sucks!!!

Weird, I've never gotten that particular error before.

LOL...Hang in there man, I know it's frustrating.

Kramer said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!You blew up nowhereradio james!LMAO!:D

....sssshhh. Waldo's gonna kill me for this. If he shows up, tell him I'm going to Iraq or China. Just tell 'im I'm off boys...

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Hmmmm, this is interesting. I'll try again later.

...ugh, I'm busted. :D LOL!
Well... cheers, Waldo has come :) What's up brutha ? See... I could finaly make my upload work to NWR. Hope it will be available soon... ;)

That's a trippy tune you got goin' there. Not into the electronic thing really....

The mix is hot in general, especially the mid-bass. Lotsa compression goin' on there.

Some of the sounds seem pretty grainey, but that could be MP3/streaming artifacts though.

James, I hate you because you are so young and thin. :D :D

Just kidding. Very nice mix. Trippy (as M. Brane said) is the right word for it.

I'm not sure, but I think the whole song consists of two chords. Yet it doesn't get boring. Although not my personal cup of tea, it's very creative and interesting. Well recorded, well mixed.

Nice job. Glad I finally got to hear something from you. Let's hear more!!!!!

5 stars for you!

James, good job. Only comment is the effects surrounding the vocals while your singing "Don't Die Clementine" kinda gets weird i.e. muddy and washed out. Try a mix with dry vocals on that part so they would stand out from the verse section.

Trippy... it's different from most things i listen to, but i really like it. Very creative!! i might let this one stay on loops for a couple of hours!

Back