Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Check out a new song?

Thanks

Smile Check out a new song?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi there. I managed to record today, very pleased. This song is really really simple. I used one finger for the whole thing so there may be those fret noises again, sorry.

If you have the time could you check it out? Does the song hold you or does it bore you too quickly. I tried to add bits and bobs as I went along (I put something new in this too) and some gentle backing singing like a string instrument.

I have written a lot of new songs lately that have normal lyrics but haven`t recorded them yet, I really look farward to that and maybe some collabs too?

Erland

RainingInBoston

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1375&alid=-1

Thanks
    Heavy in the low mids. Needs drums. Nice backups. Actually distorting in places.

Hi Erland...you may get some weird replies to this one. Our clinic is in a bit of disarray at the moment.

I dug it, though.

Your gushing fan,
    Chris

Thanks
    this is the first thing on my to-do list when I get home

AL

Thanks
    chrisharris, i completely disagree with your 'needs drums' comment. Erland gets a better percussion track than most by just banging on his guitar from what I can tell.

and the low mids might be the room? is this the cafe again Erland?

Now here's something weird Erland, the levels actually sounded a little low on this. Could be my soundcard though. Don't have the option of listening through my monitors right now as I'm reconstructing my pseudo studio. Anyway, it's the first time I haven't heard your voice clip or distort from overloading.

And that solo at 1:36 sounds like something chrisharris would play.

your guitar sounds better than most bongos sound. great job. your a drummer aren't you?

Thanks
    Originally posted by erichenryus
    chrisharris, i completely disagree with your 'needs drums' comment.
    Yeah, it was my attempt at humor. Ignore me. I'm a bit jaded today. I'll take a break.

Smiling back at you. Disclaimer: If I've said anything to offend you..... get over it. :op
    Thanks
    Originally posted by A1A2
    this is the first thing on my to-do list when I get home

AL
    Ditto... I look forward to being able to mindlessly gush over it...

But I'll be sure to say something mean too,... just to put the clinic back into "balance".

WATYF

Thanks
    Doesn't bore me at all. In fact just the opposite!

Good work!

I think the song is fine how it is. But it does seem the kind of song that you could do some different things with. But that might just be me getting ideas! That's a big problem I have with my solo stuff...I keep getting "ideas" and keep changing stuff and have a hard time completing anything.

Works for me!

Thanks
    Needs drums.

Naw, I was just tweaking eric.

I agree with eric that the vocals a little far back on this one. Nice harmony parts except for the section through 2:20-2:30 (what I'll call the "yelling section"). That didn't seem to work as well. But the more subtle harmonies were nice. The background "ooooo's" worked well.

I noticed a little oddity in the first section of the song. With the double tracked guitars, I could hear fret noise coming out of one side then the other, but not usually out of both sides at once. I didn't think the fret noise itself was distracting, but the fact that it would come out of one side then the other was a little weird. But only a little.

The rhythm thing tapped out on the guitar near the end worked well.

The song was pretty.

Thanks
    Originally posted by WATYF
    Ditto... I look forward to being able to mindlessly gush over it...

But I'll be sure to say something mean too,... just to put the clinic back into "balance".

WATYF
    I am not sure what Mr. WATYF meant, but, here is my feeback

the guitars overpowers the vox here and there, especially with the low-mids. Maybe trying to mic away from the soundhole would help. That percussion made by I-don't-know-what sounds prety cool! Hitting on the git with fingers?
    I can't hear the string like vox very well, did you mean it that way? I think it could come up a bit more.
    Are you in Boston now, Erland?

AL

Thanks
    Erland,

Can't tell if you're looking for feedback on the song, production or the mix (or all the above).

I don't have any problems with the song. Good tune. I really enjoyed it.

The mix needs work - although I didn't have a problem with the the vocal level. Specifically, several spots distort - both the vocal and percussion. Overall the mix sounds "demo-ish" to me.

Production wise - again, sounded like you're trying to get some ideas down more than anything. Again, like a demo. It's partly due to the bg vocals that are meant to substitute for string instruments. I'd ask your cello player to drop in something instead ... LOL. I liked the percussion and I think it's a keeper.

Any plans of developing this further?

BPOCO

Thread Information