Check out this new bluesy instrumental, looking for feedback

goose80

Hey guys, I just recorded this instrumental. Wondering if I could get some feedback.

Thanks in advance !

this is wild, I dont know if you played them instruments your self, cuz a few places the guitar gets a lil loud in the mix. I could see this peformed by a few guys, with a mixture of soulful blues singing leading it.

masterofself said:
this is wild, I dont know if you played them instruments your self, cuz a few places the guitar gets a lil loud in the mix. I could see this peformed by a few guys, with a mixture of soulful blues singing leading it.

Yup, I recorded and layered all the parts. Too bad I don't have a group of blues players ;)

love it! you've got some minor timing troubles in a few spots. I like all the different guitar sounds you've got in there. Interesting panning work too.

the beginning reminds me so much of csny... its nuts. I love it, need the drums tho... drums would make this song alot better... but great job! catchy as hell!

Thanks guys!
Some people on another forum also made those CSNY comparisons. Wierd thing is I don't listen to them !

To record this I used an American Strat (into a boogie dc-5 combo), Carvin C250 Cobalt acoustic, and a Garrison G-50 acoustic (it has nice bass).

The mics I used were a Sm57 for the electric and a studio projects c -1 for the acoustics into my audiobuddy pre-amp --> audiophile soundcard --> comp --> acid 3.0.

Back