[SOLVED] Check out my songs

Not bad, I listened to 2 of them. Since no one is replying I thought I'd throw my 2 cents out. Nice job recording the guitars however I found my attention waning after about 30 sec. or so and I think it was the lack of drum dynamics that lost me. Drums seem to be the hardest thing for everyone to do. Some here are VERY good at drum dynamics while I hold up the other end of the spectrum.

Your songs have a great groove to them...get those drums to contribute to the mix and you got something good.

R

Listened to Lamented. Pretty nice. Needs bass and drums. You should get someone to lay down some drum tracks for ya.

I agree with the above posters' comments. You are a good player and the songs are well executed and recorded. Not too flashy/wanksterish, which is definitely a good thing. However, my two major turn-offs are 1) the prevalence of acoustic tones that sound like they were recorded direct from the pickup, rather than from mics, and 2) the drum machine...blah.

Thanx Guys

Thanx fer the input man--Yeah I totally agree on the drums--I want to get into a studio at some point and have a drummer do it up. I'm trying to get a trio together at the moment--I did use mike on the singing songs--you'll notice a difference--and on some of the instrumentals --but again yer all right on -and I'm very happy that you guys actually listened in man.

Back