check out my song.. "run"

Rocket Boy

its called Run, self recorded, unmastered.. Umm, just a couple 18/19 year old kids doing what they can with our meager equipment :)

tell me what you think.. i dont really want comments on minor fuck ups in the songs performance(cus im sure if you look they exist).. http://hazzlemp3s.iuma.com

My speakers here aren't very good so I can't comment on the mix.

Some background vocals would really help round it out a bit I think.

colinear said:
not very good, really.

its not 'post so everyone can praise you'... its post so someone can help me. i dont really care if you think the recording is good. i was looking for insight... whatever.

The recording ingredients are pretty much there... In the big picture, the instruments are clear, the vocals are understandable and sit in the mix well. The drum mix sounds a bit strange - Spaced pair on the overheads perhaps? Tom panning may be a bit extreme for such a wide overhead image. A bit more volume and "click" definition in the kick would be nice also, but that's a personal preference. No crazy verb or anything...

On the "really" picky side, I'd love to hear it with a nice crisp (but not ringy) picollo snare...

Weird click at end... Bass?

A bit of a Violent Femmes feel with a little more clarity. Nothing really wrong with that.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Massive Master said:
The recording ingredients are pretty much there... In the big picture, the instruments are clear, the vocals are understandable and sit in the mix well. The drum mix sounds a bit strange - Spaced pair on the overheads perhaps? Tom panning may be a bit extreme for such a wide overhead image. A bit more volume and "click" definition in the kick would be nice also, but that's a personal preference. No crazy verb or anything...

On the "really" picky side, I'd love to hear it with a nice crisp (but not ringy) picollo snare...

Weird click at end... Bass?

A bit of a Violent Femmes feel with a little more clarity. Nothing really wrong with that.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Hrmm. I think you may be right about the extreme panning on the Toms. Thanks :)

Back