Check out my new song at nowhere radio

Big picture - I kinda like it. Could have a little more space in it, but I really can't complain about it...

Backing vocal almost resembles a young James Hetfield from the "No Life til Leather" days...

Gets a little crowded in second chorus... Could just be a little overcompression...

Ahh... Nothing like short tunes... Leave 'em wanting more, you know?

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks for listening MM. Any one else want to check
it out? I'd love to have more imput on this. Thanks.

VERY Cool groove. I love the 2nd vocal in the verses. The choruses, I agree, get crowded. Maybe use only the 2nd voice with some lines. That 2nd electric confuses matters, too. My foot's a-tappin' -- if anything else, the bass drum could be more upfront. Also, at the end, I expected a screaming gtr solo. Hmmm...not bad w/out, but I'd be curious to hear how it sounds.
Keep kicking!

G

cool tune man. Got that hall and oates 1/4 note rhythm goin like on "you make my dreams come true". It works. I agree w/ gmiller in that you expect to haer a rippin solo on the out. But you shouldn't always give them what they want man. I thought the mix was good. Contrasting tones on the guitars...good sounds. Synth parts were used sparingly..very effective.

I would say mix the vocals up. You're trying to tell me a story, but it's getting buried by the rhythm guitar, which I like (the guitar, not the burying). I'd also say- add a bridge for some variation, to avoid monotony. It's only 2:20, so it can easily support that. Nice work-Richie

tite mix. Id like to hear some more low end on mix to balance the highs on the guitar and vocal a tad. Good tracking.

Oh yeah, like the style and mix here. How did you NOT get a track put into that movie Van Wilder? Like the stereo delay on that guitar for the ending, but I agree, a real solo would have filled that spot nicely.

Back